Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: Deep in a Party $109, blind defense vs big stack?

Certain players (like me sometimes) will just reraise that with any 2.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:08 AM

any one else think that in general, lagging it up here has much less value than usual.

With this situation. I think we can be fairly certain to get to the final table with >15xBB, by playing very selectively outside of pure blind steals.

I think being at a final table with the above characteristics should give someone with decent SNG knowledge a pretty good amount of equity. I dont think being succesful with a resteal here adds enough to that equity to compensate me for the 10-20% of the time I go broke here by pushing.

So, far I think Pat has offered the most attractive line outside of folding. But I think this is a spot where patience is very good, and I really hate folding. I mean really hate it.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think some players also are aware of when it looks like they are stealing and lower their calling standards accordingly. Exactly because of players like you.
-joe
Old 12-09-2005, 01:37 AM

Someone in a thread a few days ago (Schwza maybe) made mention of how the typical calling range (when reraised by a blind) of an UG raiser is tighter than that of LP raiser.

This is due to the whole, I know he thinks I am stealng, so he may be a little lite, etc. This is even more true at a short table.

Lets say villan is somewhat aware. He probably doesnt think villan will be pushing 22xBB with AA-KK, less likely with QQ. I would put hero on

most likely: AK-AT, KQs, 55-JJ
less likely: 22-44, QQ, air
unlikely: AA-KK

AJs is a call IMO
Old 12-09-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be the case- but there again that's a somewhat risky play since the hero in question has been tight and hasn't shown a single move so far......

this is a tough spot that i would go broke in w/ a push preflop a few times,

i feel that the call lead a flop for 2.5k put you in dire straights stack wise- but potentially lets you get away and battle it out with a shorter stack soon thereafter as opposed to goin flat broke- so i kind of think it would have worked pretty well here....
Old 12-09-2005, 12:53 PM

i'd push. i'm kind of a coward about playing in raised pots out of position, so calling is not so appealing.

when a guy is opening 1.5 - 2 times per orbit on a 6-handed table, that's a lot of pots to be opening. now he's raising in the CO? he has a very wide range. i think the odds that he calls a push are very low, so why call and let him have a chance to hit the flop (or raise us off our air with his air)?