Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-11-2005, 06:32 AM

Default Re: 50/100 3 handed

[ QUOTE ]
[if they're already too aggressive, encouraging them to be more aggressive is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe u dont want the respect cause you always have the nuts... i never have anything, so i dont need ppl putting pressure on me nonstop.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[if they're already too aggressive, encouraging them to be more aggressive is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe u dont want the respect cause you always have the nuts... i never have anything, so i dont need ppl putting pressure on me nonstop.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah, exactly...i pretty much get crushed when ppl have their foot on the pedal nonstop...
Old 12-11-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is too strong to fold in a SB/BB war. I like calling then raising any river other than A, J or T. Whether you raise the river if a 6, 7 or 8 hits depends on your play style and the image you want to project. It's risky because I think you'd have to pay off a total unknown in that spot in that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

You almost nailed my line perfectly. Though I would throw a Q on the "don't raise" list as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad some peoples mentioned this line, as its one I would probably take. Well, it was my first thought here. You are usually less likely to be 3bet by a worse hand on the river as well, usually.

Also, I dont think u can really ever fold a pair in these situations, like almost ever. Its really depandant though.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:46 AM

I'd call down.

I know that's boring, but you get to avoid the whole "do I call the re-raise on the turn or not" thing, which feels terrible, AND you get to see his hand, which I really want to see, because it's my first hand with this guy and I want to see how he plays 3 handed when I have a some showdown value. No point in making it any more expensive to get there.

But there are other things at play here too. First, a turn cr is a strong move. Check raising a lower pair here for him would be very risky. Most of the time if he's going to be aggressive with a lower pair he will do that on the flop. Second, as other people have stated, I may not want to give the impression that I am willing to fold after raising the turn for one more bet. (Edit - I forgot to add that if he's bluffing he'll just keep bluffing if you call, which others have also mentioned.)

K-9o isn't that great of a hand, but you 3 bet with it preflop (I'm not saying that was wrong, BTW), made a big pot out of it, and got cr'ed on the turn after catching a piece. Make the most of it and move on.
Old 12-11-2005, 10:51 AM

if they're already too aggressive, encouraging them to be more aggressive is +EV.

I would also disagree with this. Generally (there are always exceptions), when I come up against an aggro opponent, I like to beat the aggro right out of them. Extra passivity never won anybody a pot they would have lost, but the reverse is not true.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:12 PM

I think a 3 bet is probably in order here. Do you have any history on the player in question? I think that if he flopped top pair here that he would have put action in on the flop. The 8 changes nothing really in my opinion. It certainly could change a little maybe 5-7% of the time the eight may help him beat you. In a blind struggle here I think if he has an over pair preflop--he caps unless he holds A-A or K-K. These two holding he may smooth call.

I would say that based on this I would 3 bet the turn and call down a 4 bet.