Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-08-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: A3s (Feat. Busted Flush Draw)

[ QUOTE ]
River looks like a boring easy fold. Dont go looking for battles in small pots with garbage. He isnt folding a J

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAARGHH! STOP SAYING THINGS LIKE THIS!! This is why posting hands that hinge on Hero's read is a bad idea.

[ QUOTE ]
He could be bluffing you with a pair of 2s and beat you. A weak 8, 10 or J.

[/ QUOTE ]

A pair of Deuces doesn't call my turn lead. If they do, they most certainly check behind on river. The only bare J that bets is probably AJo and MAYBE KJo and I don't think they bet full pot here.

[ QUOTE ]
by the way- I tend to read his flop bet 1 of 3 ways-
"I have the draw and want to build the pot in case it hits"
"I have a small weak piece of it and want to let everyone know... but I don't feel that great about it so, if you reraise me, I'll probably fold."
or "I have a monster and hope I can induce a raise by betting weak."

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not reading a flop bet, sir. A read is putting someone on a hand or at least narrowing their range to a certain degree, not naming every possible explanation for their action.

[ QUOTE ]
If its 1 or 2, you're better off acting on the flop because you've shown weakness now and you've lost bluffing credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I guess it's excellent that I frequently check-call flop, lead turn for PSB with sets and straights on rainbow boards.

[ QUOTE ]
If its 3... he's been trapping you and is looking to get paid off on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I expect a monster to put in a decent bet or raise on this insanely drawheavy board long before the river.

[ QUOTE ]
Of all the options above... the weak "I'm on a draw bet" is the only one you're beating... though even then, someone drawing to a flush with K4... just hit big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, yeah, K4 is real likely.

[ QUOTE ]
I almost always lead out on this flop, but if i don't, and villian bets $2, i checkraise 100% of the time (barring some VERY specific read)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I agree. The check is alright, but once he bets so weak I should've just raised and not played a decent hand so timid. I prefer a lead here as well, again, I'm not sure why I checked.