Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-03-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Negreanu should read the STTF

[ QUOTE ]
Though Irie has become an adequately successful 22 player of late (despite struggling at the 10's for more than a year), he has contributed very little to this forum. Even with your shaky start put aside, he's not the type to go out of his way to be helpful - best to look elsewhere [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it be the haze of Mauwie Wauwie? Maybe I don't need any HHs from a STTF poster who's probably never consistently played higher than $215 criticizing a World Class player---who's won WSOP bracelets and has played as high as $4000-$8000--- about not using the term "blocking bet".
Old 12-03-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the feeling it is swimming with gimmick accounts

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-03-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Though Irie has become an adequately successful 22 player of late (despite struggling at the 10's for more than a year), he has contributed very little to this forum. Even with your shaky start put aside, he's not the type to go out of his way to be helpful - best to look elsewhere [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could it be the haze of Mauwie Wauwie? Maybe I don't need any HHs from a STTF poster who's probably never consistently played higher than $215 criticizing a World Class player---who's won WSOP bracelets and has played as high as $4000-$8000--- about not using the term "blocking bet".

[/ QUOTE ]

does that affect irie's skill at the table?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does that affect irie's skill at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not, but it can definitely affect what TYPE of person you come off as, i.e. lower limit players making worthless comments about World Class players under the guise of poking fun. Skill at the table doesn't compensate for mocking arrogance.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:45 PM

compensate how? surely it wouldn't affect him monetarily. and isn't money the reason we play this game? if your morals say, you don't want to go over the HH of a winning player because he's a jerk, well then that's up to you. besides, irie might not have meant to post any of these messages. have you considered the possibility of a misclick?
Old 12-03-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
compensate how? surely it wouldn't affect him monetarily. and isn't money the reason we play this game? if your morals say, you don't want to go over the HH of a winning player because he's a jerk, well then that's up to you. besides, irie might not have meant to post any of these messages. have you considered the possibility of a misclick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Misclick, are you you serious? My morals have nothing to do with not wanting to go over a HH from Irie or whether he's a jerk or not. Where I come from, foul things happen to people who chose to associate with foul individuals. By first impression, I'd rather associate myself with the poster who PM'd me about his $55 HHs, regardless of whether it makes me money or not. With enough hard work and dedication, I'll make money without the benefit of Irie's winning strategies and skill. There are always more pleasant players willing to assist, you just have to locate them and ask.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:02 PM

BDACH,

Please just step away from the keyboard.....and never return.

Yugoslav
Old 12-03-2005, 09:10 PM

I might be missing something but I almost never see anything about blocking bets in the STT forum. This forum can be summed up by two phrases...

"$XX: Is this a push?"

or

"OT: Blah, Blah, Blah"

Citanul had a decent post about this earlier.

Discussion on the topic is much more common in the NL cash or MTT forums.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Misclick, are you you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i'm serious. not considering misclicks could be a major leak in your STTF reading experience. then again, i might not have meant to post this.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:15 PM

Some of you guys are more worse off than Irie. I know a crew of block huggers in the Trap who would love for guys like you to make food runs for them, your treat of course.