Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Stupid PF Thingy

Maybe 2/4 is a lot tighter than it was back when I played it. But I'm trying to picture this situation at a 2/4 table and all I can see is *at least* both posters calling, a couple of other people most likely coldcalling, and the SB and BB coming in. That is just what I see happening on average.

I think if we could expect to get the pot fourhanded a lot more than 50% of the time raising probably would become best. But my estimate is that the pot will be fourhanded less than 25% of the time if we raies.

In a fourway flop, someone is going to catch a piece of the board or have a pocket pair the vast majority of the time I believe. I really have a hard time seeing us winning this pot unimproved. But again, I haven't played 2/4 in quite a while, so maybe it has tightened up significantly.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe 2/4 is a lot tighter than it was back when I played it. But I'm trying to picture this situation at a 2/4 table and all I can see is *at least* both posters calling, a couple of other people most likely coldcalling, and the SB and BB coming in. That is just what I see happening on average.

I think if we could expect to get the pot fourhanded a lot more than 50% of the time raising probably would become best. But my estimate is that the pot will be fourhanded less than 25% of the time if we raies.

In a fourway flop, someone is going to catch a piece of the board or have a pocket pair the vast majority of the time I believe. I really have a hard time seeing us winning this pot unimproved. But again, I haven't played 2/4 in quite a while, so maybe it has tightened up significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

The day games certainly are quite tight. However, these are also the same people that lick their chops with 2 posters. I don't think a raise is going to do much except bloat the pot with a hand that can't handle it.

I limped. It was like 6 handed. The flop came KJxr. I should have raised. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2005, 06:08 PM

I wanted to make a post about why I limp here (I limp KQo here too) but einbert beat me to it. I raise AJo+ and lots of suited hands here though.

Rob