Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: AKs gets HU: Aggro enough?

[ QUOTE ]
Cap preflop or checkraise the flop.

There are several good strategies for capping preflop when headsup, but I believe that autocapping AA-QQ, AK, possibly AQ, and no others is not one of them versus a sentient opponent. The 2+2 forums' standard dogmatic advice on capping doesn't actually make any sense unless you like playing with your hand face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to hijack the thread:

This is something that i've been thinking about a lot lately, I very rarely, inless against maniacs, cap anything but AA-JJ, AK...i want to change this. I started trying giving up a little bit preflop w/ AA and KK to disguise my hand (like calling the three bet instead of capping, or just calling the raise from the blind's when HU). But what i would really like to do is find places to cap hands that I don't usually cap...i think a good place to try to do this is in the blinds, where people are over aggressive. Has anybody else thought about this? What other places do you find that a cap is worthy?

sorry for the hijack

cheers.