Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 02:45 AM

Default 3/6: 33 HU

BB - 47/11/.76 over only 50 hands

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.00 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bet/folds</font>

I'm thinking c/f the flop is better, but...
Old 11-25-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: 3/6: 33 HU

ba...bump
Old 11-25-2005, 05:01 PM

You could very well be ahead here.

My standard line vs a guy I have bullied 2-3 hands is to 3-bet the flop and bet/fold turn. If I havent done that I might bet/fold the flop. But I dont know really. 33 is a hand you can go to showdown with. Maybe Im too aggressive.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:03 PM

He has clearly got some pre-flop aggression in him and that flop misses a lot of 3-bet defending hands. Check-folding the flop getting 7:1 doesn't sound good to me. Bet-folding sounds better.

Another idea, I don't see him going anywhere with 3-bet worthy overcards or a pair on the flop so what about just check-calling the flop and see what happens next?
Old 11-25-2005, 05:13 PM

I really don't like leading the flop here. We're getting raised by a lot of worse hands.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like leading the flop here. We're getting raised by a lot of worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats why you 3-bet and show whos the man.
Old 11-25-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you get called then raised on the turn by mid-high PPs which is an expensive way to find out your behind plus they will never fold to your 3-bet and even if behind your opponent has better than 6-outs here. I prefer c/c the flop and leading the turn.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why that's better then C/R though.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:14 PM

see, a check raise on a drawy flop really nets u nothing here w/ a small pp. You are getting re-raised by a ton of hands, both made and unmade or hes going to pull exactly what he did, call and pull the trigger on the turn.

c/c, and lead a decent turn. If he raises, depending on board and opponent...either fold or be prepared to call and call a blank river...or lead river is a good option as well after calling a turn raise.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:20 PM

Also forgot to mention, if u check-raise the flop, u are literally obliged to bet a Q, K or A turn and it really sucks if u get raised.

All the options on the flop are close depending on who u are against. Against good opponents be careful of leading and checkraising, as they will trap u or pretty much raise any playable hand unmade or not...against weak players a lead out is probably better. Just depends.

c/c is usually not a good play, but I think it is here.