Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Rivered flush but low counterfeited on turn

On this hand I loved the flop but hated the damn 3 on the turn.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=174200

The table is very loose, especially the flop bettor. My image should be tight since I've had no hands.

What's my move on this turn, with the nut high draw but my low counterfeited? I was lost so I checked. On the river I just called going for the overcalls, should I have potted it here?
Old 11-25-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Rivered flush but low counterfeited on turn

Checking on the turn was great for you. You don't have the low and only a draw for the high. You don't put in any more money.

The river is interesting. You have the nut high. I'd be tempted to pot it here and I think it's a good move. If everyone folds, you are happy, you win the whole pot and don't have to share it with a low. If everyone calls, you are happy. It's only if one person with the nut low calls and the other person folds (perhaps the King high flush) that you lose money. But you stand to gain a pot size bet in two out of the three situations. Plus you set yourself up for future hands--if they call here with only nut low, then when you have nut low and a high hand they will be quartered. If they fold King high flush, then next time they may be forced out when you have the nut low and a so-so high and bet the pot. I think potting it on the river forces some tough decisions and there's nothing for you to be afraid of--you own half the pot even in worst case scenarios.