Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 06:45 PM

Default Am I spewing?

This is in the $50 rebuy at Bay101. $40+10 w/ unlimited $20 rebuys in the first hour and one $20 add on for double chips. I didn't win a hand in the rebuy period and was in for $210 with the minimum chips (2k) after my double rebuy and addon.

In the next level I play the following hands:

blinds: 100-200
UTG min-raises, two callers, I push 2k w/ AK, all fold.

Few hands later, I open in EP for t600 w/ AJ, all fold.

Few hands later I open in MP for t500 and Curly Haired thinking player (CHTP) makes it 2500 all fold to me. He has 2500 more and I have AQo and I fold face up.

Few hands later w/ blinds at 150-300, I raise a loose UTG limper w/ 22 to 1200. Decent BB w/ 2k total calls and limper folds.
Flop is A26r and I check behind, which surprises him. He pushes the J turn and I instacall and he is drawing dead and I pick up some more chips.

At this point I am now table chip leader.
I raise QJs after two limpers in the BB and only one scared one calls. I set him in on the flop of ATx and he instafolds.

Those are all the hands that I played postrebuy.

I have around 8k and CHTP is the only one close to me w/ about 7500.

Folded to me in the CO with an undominated hand and I raise 800. He quickly makes it 2400. Folded to me and I push. Thoughts?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Am I spewing?

I can't tell where CHTP is sitting (button or blind).
What does undominated hand mean?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:01 PM

If he's as smart as you're giving him credit for this probably isn't a bad play (hopefully he remembers that AQ you mucked). I'd like it better if you had any type of read suggesting that during this particular hand he was weak or trying to put a move on you. One thing I don't really like is going to war with the only other sizeable stack with rags (what I assume you meant by undominated hand) when it sounds like you were having a relatively easy time of punishing the rest of the table.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM

Is CHTP in the blind or on the button? If on the button, I'd say it's a good re-steal. If in the blind, scary, but I still think you'll get CHTP to fold often enough for this to be fine.

Someday I'll have the guts to try a resteal. ::sigh::

Nice hand.

-Gross
Old 11-17-2005, 07:07 PM

he's getting a bit better than 2:1, and he'll probably give you credit for AQs+AKo,JJ+, so he'd be right calling something like 44+, AQs+. which is like 7% of hands.. so what kind of range you think he'd raise you with?

i think you'd probably have to get him to fold 50% of the time for it to be good..and 'my gut' says he wont fold enough.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does undominated hand mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

two cards that probably don't add up to 15

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-17-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folded to me in the CO with an UNDOMINATED HAND and I raise 800. He quickly makes it 2400. Folded to me and I push. Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that mean AK? or AA?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:30 PM

he's on the button. When I say 'thinking player' i mean that he probably takes the time to somewhat put me on a hand. I'm not saying that he's good, just compared to the other bozos down there that play he's Brunson. I'm fairly certain that he doesn't think about hand ranges, price, etc...if he doesn't have a 'good hand', he'll probably let it go. I'm guessing that he's calling w/ like AK maybe AQs and pairs down to the 99/TT range. I'm also assuming that given my previous hands and our recent history, he thinks that I'm pretty weak initially. This is, however, the first time I've made the 3rd move all day, though I'm not sure that he would be able to distinguish between first move aggressive and third move aggressive.

I had T7s, btw.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:32 PM

If you hadn't of folded the AQ hand face up, I'd say you are spewing.

You say he is a thinking player, hopefully he's thinking of that. And hopefully he was thinking of that when he raised you, and was light.

I think you may get him to fold two big cards if they are not paired and not AK.

What's he re-raising range?

Looks like you played 5 hands in that level. How many (%) of the hands were you playing?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-17-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you hadn't of folded the AQ hand face up, I'd say you are spewing.

You say he is a thinking player, hopefully he's thinking of that. And hopefully he was thinking of that when he raised you, and was light.

I think you may get him to fold two big cards if they are not paired and not AK.

What's he re-raising range?

Looks like you played 5 hands in that level. How many (%) of the hands were you playing?

Regards,
Woodguy

[/ QUOTE ]

it was spread over a level and a half. I played a three or four in a row (AK,AQ,22, then a few hands later the QJs) and heard some grumbles, but I had been relatively quiet for about 8-10 hands or so (which is an eternity in BM time in that particular tourney)