Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-13-2005, 04:51 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default sahara isn\'t a bad movie

i ended up renting sahara because the other movies i wanted weren't in. i was expecting crap because of the 40% on rottentomatoes but i was fairly surprised. penelope cruz's character is useless, it should be about 15 minutes shorter, and there are a few moments where you obviously have to look past things but overall it was pretty fun.

matthew was entertaining, his sidekick worked, the exploration stuff was amusing enough, and it was good to see the merovingian from matrix 2/3 in another movie. i was AMAZED at how good the dvd actually looked though, it's probably the best one i've seen on my tv so far.

worth picking up with low expectations when you're out of ideas. way better than stuff like the core.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: sahara isn\'t a bad movie

i agree.. i thought it was worth a watch.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:46 PM

That guy ALWAYS works as a sidekick. He'll be type cast forever. I still thought the movie was cliché. You can't even really HATE the bad guy. I mean the dictator is easy to hate, but they should have made the plant owner evil. Also, yes, too long. The first ass-kicking scene is well shot. I saw this movie the same night as National Treasure, having a "let's rent [censored] movies" night. National Treasure is poop.

Nicolas Cage's agent puts him in a lot of poop. [censored] Con Air. He needs Keanu's agent. Keanu's sucks, but man that agent of his is writing his checks for him. Constantine made be blow a wad in my skivvies it was so good, and of course the first Matrix was revolutionary.

I heard he bought all the tech guys that worked on those movies Harley Davidson’s. He was like "I had nothing to do with the success of this thing, it's all these computer dudes." I liked him a lot more after hearing that. At least he is self aware.

Wow, I'm done talking, what was the original thread about? I just saw Red Rock West. It had Nick Cage. It was Meh. Although I want to wear Laura Flynn Boyle's ass as a hat.

U-turn and Blood Simple were better, and they weren't all that great.

I have to go make bears.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:47 PM

I liked it enough to watch it a second time. It was a check your brain and enjoy the action movie. I loved the Panama stunt and laughed at the exchange between the buddy and the nerd leading up to it.

Cruz's character was overdone and her acting was very questionable in this one, but she is nice to look at. The Frenchish guy from the Matrix was a joke both in acting and in the character itself.

The sidekick was well done. A very likable character and played well.

Still a very enjoyable movie altogether. I agree ... don't go in with high expectations and you probably won't be dissapointed.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:51 PM

OH yeah, I'm constantly listening to dance music here in my dungeon, and I watch your avatar sometimes for 30 minutes, he's always to the beat. I had a dream about your avatar last night.. I mean, it wasn't about him, but he was in it.

I was in Santa Cruz and I had a giant Trojan horse on the beach. I was trying to learn how to surf, but I had to use the Trojan horse later for some infiltration of something. When I got done surfing, I learned that Joan Cusack had confiscated my Trojan horse, and I had to go to the library to get it back (where she worked as a librarian). She was a lesbian librarian and had a chinese wife who was like 4'8" 70lbs. When I found my Trojan horse it was on fire.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:51 PM

I agree. I think I ended up seeing this at the theatre with the wifey and a couple other people. It was actually not bad. Not great, but not bad. It was definitely one of those movies you have to watch with the anticipation that you're just going to let a whole bunch of [censored] slide, but it was entertaining.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 PM

Have you head the song by "FannyPack" called "Camletoe" ?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you head the song by "FannyPack" called "Camletoe" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. But I'll check it out.