Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-14-2005, 03:25 AM

Default Re: Totalbet and UKbetting poker (crypto) are scum

william, if you ever make 1/10 of what I MAKE then you....LOL, dude, no matter what you make, someone is going to laugh at that and makes WAY MORE!!!

As far as the promotion goes, they gave you plenty of time, quit whining like a little girl.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:54 AM

I still havent been paid on one of them. Even after numerous emails. Ive already doubled the payout for the first one, and if things continue, I will take out the rest of my frustration on the players.

But honestly, this sort of thing happens all the time in Bonus Whores Land. Sites realize what an insane level of +EV they are offering, and jump ship midstream. It's a hazzard of the job, and you cant make them change and you cant make them apologize. Its an apples to oranges comparison on every level imaginable with regards to real life so you just need to cope.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The same way if you have a shop and you put an add in the paper advertising with a price and refuse to sell the item for that amount (no excuse is good enough), you just complain to the state and the "scum" is forced to oblige.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hate to break it to you - but you are wrong. In the UK ( and as far as I know other common law countries), the advertisement of a price is an "invitation to tender" and not an "offer for sale". You make the offer by requesting the goods and the transaction is completed when the shop takes your cash. You gong up to the counter with your wallet open does not constitute a legally binding contract on the shopkeeper. Thus, if a shop mistakenly advertises a TV for £100 when it should have been £1000 it has no legal obligation whatsoever to honour that price. Where the differential is small a shop may choose to honour the wrtong price as a goodwill gesture.

Another example is advertising a car for sale. If I put it in for £10,000 and someone comes along to buy it, I am under no obligation to sell it for £10,000 or even at all. I could ask for more.

In any event, the TOCs undoubtedly say that they can do whatever they want, including changing or stopping the bonus. And it is a bit rich for a whore to be talking about "honour". These bonuses are intended to grow a player base long term as you well know and not to fund players who will leave after the bonus is worked off. Thus, although you are doing nothing legally wrong (and good luck to you), you certainly don't have the right to take the moral highground.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:52 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Well, I also hate to break it to you back, but I was refering to the laws in Denmark (and I am quite certain it is the same in other scandinavian countries), but even if you advertise by mistake, you are obligated to sell at that price. There are numerous cases of this in the papers every month.

In the UK, I (obviously) know it is not the case. I am sorry for you you have to live there.