Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 07:15 PM

Default How do I verify my rakeback w/ pokertracker?

I'm sure this has been covered, but I've spent about half an hour searching the archives w/out finding anything (although I did see an interesting post where someone aparantly received condoms from a pokersite-how this came up in my search I have no idea!!). Can anyone point me to a link that either tells me how to figure it out, or how to program pokertracker?

I know it's not as easy as checking the rake column on pokertacker.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:24 PM

Default Re: How do I verify my rakeback w/ pokertracker?

Set the proper parameters of your DB in the preferences Tab (i.e., site specific, period of time). Click on Summary Tab. Use either "Total Rake" or "Avg. Rake" & "Raked Hands" in conjunction with "Players" to determine your MGR -- i.e., if total rake is $10,000 and avg. players is 5.5, then your MGR is $1,818; if avg. rake is 2.25, avg. players is 5.5, then MGR per hand is $0.409; if you played in 4,444 raked hands, then MGR is $1,818. Your rakeback is a % of your total MGR.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:04 AM

General Info Tab - Total Rake Column? Why make things difficult?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
General Info Tab - Total Rake Column? Why make things difficult?

[/ QUOTE ]

#1. That's not even close to right.
#2. The other way isn't exactly on either.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:10 AM

Here is the way to get as close to correct as I can figure it out:

Go to the 'Game Notes' tab. Select 'Get All'. At the bottom, it will tell you your # of raked hands.

Multiply your raked hands x avg rake from the summary tab. Divide by avg # of players. Multiply x rakeback %.

I thought the same thing as you Catt. But for the first 6 days of November I had myself at 4600MGR and Party had me at 3300MGR.

This is the only way I can make the numbers line up.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:19 AM

I think different sites calculate it differently. The General Info tab worked almost perfectly for Absolute and PokerPlex for October. At least on RakeTheRake it did. This was not the case for September.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 AM

Yeah - I think you're right. It's been so long since I've done it, but I remember needing to use the Game Notes tab to get the TRH figure and calculate.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Here's an SQL query that I *think* should calculate rakeback (Party style):

select sum(rake / (select count(played_hand) from game_players gp where played_hand = 'Y' and gp.game_id = g.game_id)) as MGR,
sum(rake / (select count(played_hand) from game_players gp where played_hand = 'Y' and gp.game_id = g.game_id)) * <font color="red">RAKEBACK</font> as rakeback
from game g
where (select played_hand from game_players gp where player_id = (select player_id from players where screen_name = '<font color="red">SCREENNAME</font>') and gp.game_id = g.game_id) = 'Y'
and date_part('month', g.date_played) = <font color="red">MONTH</font>

Few things:
- Change <font color="red">RAKEBACK</font> to a numerical value representing the rakeback percent you get. ie. if you get 25%, change it to 0.25
- Change <font color="red">SCREENNAME</font> to your screenname. ie. if your screenname is DERB, then change it to DERB (leave the quotes there)
- Change <font color="red">MONTH</font> to a number from 1-12 representing the month you want to look at. ie. if you want to see your rakeback for this month so far (november) change it to 11

I was testing it out, and it didn't seem to match up exactly with what my affiliate posted for previous months. I'm not sure the query will work if you have aliases. Could someone who knows SQL take a look at it and tell me what's wrong?

Oh, this is for Postgres, I don't know anything about Access.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:57 PM

I just tested this method with my October on PP and it came out to be $20 off $12127 was the actual MRG and I calculated $12107.

To do this I filtered for only my PP hands in the month of Oct using the Preferences tab. Then I went to the summary tab and took the "Total Rake" column and divided it by the "Players" column, this will give you apprx. your share of the rake on a site that uses the Party Poker rake calculation. To figure your rakeback you just multiply your share of the rake by .25 or .35 or whatever % your rakeback is.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:11 PM

Rake paid formula for PokerTracker:
In order to get the amount of MGR generated out of PokerTracker, use the following:

1) Click on Preferences tab then select the date range in the Between Dates option. Make sure to do the correct dates (no 31st in Sept etc). Then select one game level by clicking on the levels of play under the Game Levels option. Make sure only one game level is selected. Those of you who have multiple game levels, those directions are provided below.
2) Go to the Game Notes tab and click Get All button. Make sure you are under your stats by clicking the My Stats button above the player list.
3) Divide the total rake number by the APH (average # player in hands) to get your contribution amount.
4) If you have multiple game levels, continue to step one and do steps 1-4 for each game level. Then add the total.
5) Deduct and bonus/promotional money received for that month from the contribution amount to get your MGR.