Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-09-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Party not letting me play at table with my friend

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe try e-mailing them? I seem to recall someone telling me you can get accounts unlinked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done it.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:34 AM

Nah, its not a feature, its [censored]. Sure, prevent them from sitting at the same table while they are on the same IP/Mac, but once they are at different locations again there is no point at all in blocking them. They are not going to stop anyone colluding like that. That just spoils it for friends that want a legit game with each other.

If people intend to collude from seperate locations, first off there is a good chance they will just never happen to log into their accounts from the same location. Secondly, despite what the supreme beings that are 2+2ers (not) would like to think, most people just arent stupid enough to log in from the same location.

If they have to employ this lameness it doesnt fill me with confidence about how they are going about preventing any other methods for colluding like two people sitting next to each other with two PCs and two phone lines. Or, as I say, those that are indeed colluding from seperate locations that just havent happened to log in to their accounts from the same location.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:12 AM

First of all, if you don't understand how something technical works, it's better to not pretend that you do.

Secondly, there's most likely nothing on your computer that tells the server this kind of information. This data is stored on the central servers, where you can't mess with it. Not that you'd have the skills to do it, judging from your post.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good for Party. No offense, but I don't want two people playing on the same computer to play at the same table. Maybe in your case it's legitimate, but as a rule, it's a good one and it should not be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

every time people collude, it makes baby Jesus cry.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, if you don't understand how something technical works, it's better to not pretend that you do.

Secondly, there's most likely nothing on your computer that tells the server this kind of information. This data is stored on the central servers, where you can't mess with it. Not that you'd have the skills to do it, judging from your post.

[/ QUOTE ]Wow. This is your 4th post? The guy doesn't pretend to know what he's talking about; he asked a question. Are you upset because he said "cookie in the registry"? Get over it.

Welcome to the forum. You might find it becomes difficult to continue typing from atop that high horse.
-Sam