Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Follow Up: More computer Trouble

I posted about a problem I was having after updating Windows about a week ago. Essentially the computer shut down and would get to the windows logo then would flash a blue screen and fail. after 30 minutes of trying to fix it it finally came back on. I thought it was solved, however, it has since started to do so again, after uninstalling all the updates and doing a system restore. While doing regular things the computer will just shut down and when i try to restart it I get STOP: c000021a as the fatal error code. Then after waiting a little while it starts again, I built this computer and never had issues for the first two months, I leave it on all the time so could this be a heating issue? Or is it something else? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
~Justin
Old 11-04-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Follow Up: More computer Trouble

Do you have something called Go back on your PC?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:11 PM

could definitley be a heating issue.. go and check the fan on the processor, or maybe clean the heatsink..

if that wasnt it, i'd probably try and save what i could, and then format it.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:11 PM

Nope I don't KneeCo. I am stumped right now, don't know where to turn to get this thing solved. For any of you that may gripe about this not being in the computer help forum I am putting it here because I can get the quickest answers and this directly effects the moderation of this forum.
~Justin
Old 11-04-2005, 04:19 PM

Have you made sure all the wires inside the computer are still in all the way? I had problems like this and all I needed to do was unplug the cords going into my hard drive and plug them back in.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:22 PM

I am not a computer expert at all, I hate the things, however I did have this happen to me I got the blue screen with the fatal error and could not figure it out at all, so I called Dell and I had to reset my whole computer which means everything got erased it was back to like I just took it out of the box. I know you probably have alot of stuff on there that you don't want to lose so Im not sure what you can do for that, but once I got that fatal error I couldn't get the computer back on at all.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:30 PM

Probably heat, power, or memory. It could be expensive to isolate and fix (in terms of time and lost hands). I recommend getting a new CPU. A CPU for playing cards is cheap (about $500). The expensive thing is two or more large monitors and all the accessories (including the backup internet connection).
Old 11-04-2005, 04:34 PM

Well I just built this thing 2 months ago, I am definately not buying an entire new cpu to fix this. I have a feeling it may be due to overheating so I might add another fan and check the heatsink.
~Justin
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
General Troubleshooting of STOP Messages

If you can’t find a specific reference to your problem, running through the following checklist stands a good chance of resolving the problem for you. This checklist is also usually the best approach to troubleshooting some specific Stop messages, such as 0x0A and 0x50.

1. Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
2. If you’ve recently added new hardware, remove it and retest.
3. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.
4. Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date.
5. However, if you’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
6. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
7. Confirm that all of your hardware is on the Hardware Compatibility List. If some of it isn’t, then pay particular attention to the non-HCL hardware in your troubleshooting.
8. Check for viruses.
9. Investigate recently added software.
10. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

from here

Did you install Party recently? This guy seems to have the same prob and Party keeps coming up in his running processes.

Seems completely unlikely, but hey, maybe the tournament crashes have extended to computers! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 04:52 PM

Thanks KneeCo. I also got this link. So I am going to run this stuff and then if I cant figure it out myself I will post the Drwtsn32 log and see if I can wrangle up some help.
~Justin