Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-04-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: getting called into work when sick

That sucks, Blarg. Man, I'm really hurting now. My chest and stomach are killing me. I can't breath too well either, most likely from all the coughing, I guess. Ughh. I do not think I'm even going to go in.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I called in sick one day with the runs, nausea, etc. My boss had an important project and there were a few other people out sick too, so she begged me to come in. After some serious begging, I finally broke down and came in, but I hate being anywhere when I have the runs, and you can understand why.

Anyway, I staggered through the day, making the occasional panicked sprint to the restroom, and finally started feeling a little better around 3:30 or so. The project got finished about a half hour later, and she asked me if I wanted to go home. I said no, it was only an hour left so I would stick it out since I was already here. So she wrote me up for coming in! Said if I were sick, I wouldn't have come in in the first place no matter how much she begged me. That's the thanks you get, eh?

Gotta be careful about doing evil people favors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I would not have come back.

Where was this?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:36 AM

I made the mistake of going in when I was really sick "just to get my boss through the morning". Fuckhead kept me there for seven hours after promising to let me go after two. By the time I got home my fever was 102.7. I went in to see the doc an hour later and my fever was 103.5, I had a wicked sore throat, and when I coughed it felt like needles were piercing my lungs, and I had an ear infection on top of all that. [censored] your boss, don't go in.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:39 AM

Yeah, my throat is hurting like all hell. I'm afraid to eat because I'm sure I'll puke up whatever I eat. Although it'd probably feel better, dry heaving is the WORST.

This job is pissing me off. I'm doing physical labor crap for $7.8 an hour, even though I was told $8.05. I also hate the hell out of the graveyard shift. I should find other work, although I don't want to be a little bitch who couldn't hack work.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:43 AM

It's unlikely that you will get fired for this, depending on the company. Washington is an "emplyment at will" state, but has an "Implied Contract" excemtion, and a termination could be legally challenged if the firm or your boss implyed in any way that calling out sick was acceptable, and not grounds for termination. If it's a big company, I wouldn't worry about it, but a small firm might not care.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:46 AM

http://www.kroger.com/
Old 11-04-2005, 03:51 AM

This was a law office where I did admin type crap. This kind of thing was pretty standard over there actually. It went on for years.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.kroger.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I worked for a huge auto repair chain when I played hero and went in sick. You go in to Kroger and you'll be there all night wishing you hadn't sucked it up. But I forgot to tell you the best part of my story. I got my boss sick and it was way worse for him. So if your boss will be there and you can infect him there might be a silver lining to going in.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This was a law office where I did admin type crap. This kind of thing was pretty standard over there actually. It went on for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, thank god I don't work for the man. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

To bad I make like fifteen cents an hour. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 AM

You've got 4000+ posts and have been on 2+2 for almost a year and you aren't playing poker for a living and obviously working some deadshit job, sucks to be you, I think you have bird flu also.