Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Jesus, Negreanu is running REALLY badly this year

[ QUOTE ]
With everything that happened to him at the WSOP and how his cash games are going (http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jo...amp;ucat=&) I wonder how he manages to remain tilt-free.

Seriously, being stuck a quarter of a million dollars after playing as well as possible = [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this quote

".... I made it $2600 with the K-9 of clubs. Barry made it $10,000 behind me as he likes to do before the flop with weakish hands.... Barry... sent his money to the center with the Ac Jd"

So Short handed.. AJo is a weakish hand?

Although I think Barry's call is pretty bad. There is 30ish thousand in the middle before Daniel makes it 110 all-in. So 110 to call to win 140

110:140

Needs about 47% equity to call here, and after running the numbers, putting Daniel on a wide range of hands.. (77+/22-33+/Made flush)

Barry only has about a 40% equity against this hand range.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With everything that happened to him at the WSOP and how his cash games are going (http://fullcontactpoker.com/poker-jo...amp;ucat=&) I wonder how he manages to remain tilt-free.

Seriously, being stuck a quarter of a million dollars after playing as well as possible = [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this quote

".... I made it $2600 with the K-9 of clubs. Barry made it $10,000 behind me as he likes to do before the flop with weakish hands.... Barry... sent his money to the center with the Ac Jd"

Although I think Barry's call is pretty bad. There is 30ish thousand in the middle before Daniel makes it 110 all-in. So 110 to call to win 140

[/ QUOTE ]
There's actually 40-ish in the pot. 10K from both PF + blinds and antes (negligible.. between 1 and 2K) + 10K from both post flop (Barry bet 10K, Daniel put in 10K to match plus 110 more). Still looks like a fold to me.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this quote

[/ QUOTE ]
There's actually 40-ish in the pot. 10K from both PF + blinds and antes (negligible.. between 1 and 2K) + 10K from both post flop (Barry bet 10K, Daniel put in 10K to match plus 110 more). Still looks like a fold to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

if all info is correct what's the deal with these top guys playing like the average party player.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 PM

You simply can't play like the average solid rock and expect to win anything at those stakes.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Needs about 47% equity to call here, and after running the numbers, putting Daniel on a wide range of hands.. (77+/22-33+/Made flush)

Barry only has about a 40% equity against this hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say that the hand range you selected is about right. 110:140 tells me that Barry needs 44% to call, not 47 (110/250=.44). Also if there is in fact 40 grand plus already in the pot, then Barry only needs 110/261= .423 to make it an EV neutral call.

So he has about 40% vs needing at least 42.3% against DN's likely range of hands. Bad call? Only marginally, and then only if DN never bluffs with nothing. If he's bluffing here 5% of the time (or more) though ....
Old 11-03-2005, 09:54 PM

Getting married to a very attractive, Asian woman that he loves = WHO THE HELL CARES IF HES RUNNING BAD CERTAINLY NOT HIM
Old 11-03-2005, 10:36 PM

regression to the mean
Old 11-03-2005, 10:47 PM

it's all variance- LOL

RB
Old 11-03-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

if all info is correct what's the deal with these top guys playing like the average party player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not too positive, but this "Barry" guy and "Daniel" might have some sort of history of playing together. That could come into play. And they *might* think that they could run into each other again in the future. I don't know though. That might have some effect.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:25 PM

Wow, he says on his blog he just took a 447k hit on the second day of High Stakes Poker. I know he's loaded, but that's still gotta hurt.