Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 10-24-2005, 07:54 PM

Default 100+9 Party hand

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter

CO (t1454)
Button (t470)
SB (t1271)
BB (t3052)
Hero (t2030)
UTG+1 (t2515)
UTG+2 (t895)
MP1 (t2078)
MP2 (t1245)
MP3 (t1340)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, UTG+1 calls t60, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>.

Flop: (t165) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t200</font>, Hero calls t100.

Turn: (t565) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t70</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t250</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t430</font>, Hero calls t180.

River: (t1425) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t375</font>, Hero calls t375.

Comments on all streets please.....
Old 10-24-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: 100+9 Party hand

i don't like the minraise preflop, but if thats your style from UTG, fine. do you minraise AA-JJ, Ak as well, or only certian hands?

then on the flop i think you gotta reraise a decent amount, as the board is a bit drawy, so there's a chance you can get in a lot of money here when you're almost certainly best. and there's a lot of cards that will be bad for you on the turn by either outdrawing you or killing the action... plus your OOP.

i guess the turn play is okay, but i don't think you should be in that type of spot too often.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't like the minraise preflop, but if thats your style from UTG, fine. do you minraise AA-JJ, Ak as well, or only certian hands?

then on the flop i think you gotta reraise a decent amount, as the board is a bit drawy, so there's a chance you can get in a lot of money here when you're almost certainly best. and there's a lot of cards that will be bad for you on the turn by either outdrawing you or killing the action... plus your OOP.

i guess the turn play is okay, but i don't think you should be in that type of spot too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the min-raise is pretty standard for me UTG with a bunch of hands including monsters. On the flop I didn't want to kill the action. I wasn't really worried about villian calling with a drawing hand pre-flop as AKs or AQs can't have a draw on this flop and he was pretty tight. My image was pretty tight as it was early and the only hand I'd shown down was AA.

What struck me about this hand is that as soon as I saw the flop the last "Hand with the Masters" popped into my head.
I credit that hand and the discussion that followed with keeping me in this tourney.

Villain shows A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Old 10-24-2005, 08:56 PM

edit: i read no goot
Old 10-24-2005, 09:13 PM

PF: I usually dont raise with this kind of hand UTG, occasionally i do to mix it up, i just hope you dont raise in that spot everytime.

FLOP: 100 was a good bet, but if he min reraises you, you need to come over the top with another reraise. with a min reraise he most likely has a strong hand, and will call if you reraise to 500-600.

TURN:The king is a scary card, because it is very possible that he has AK. you still need to play it strong on this street, check raise is not always your best option, ni this case it was fine, but a straight bet of about 300 will accomplish basically the same thing. when he reraises you, its either a push or fold depending on the reads you have on him. hes either got a better fullhouse than you, or he has trip kings. you ave to make a big decision here because your putting your tournament life on the line.

RIVER:although you probably should have all your chips in at this point, by the way you played it thus far, its either a push or a check-fold. and i have to admit i couldnt lay it down in this spot with out a really good read.