Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Empire\'s road to hell

Haven't looked at the mid-high games there but have seen that there are a couple of 100/200 games going sometimes and I can't imagine that ALL the players are Howard Lederer.

Played 5/10 6-max there the other day and was a little surprised to see that one of my favorite fish was at the table (naturally I just assumed he was a party-fish).

He remembered me too...because I stayed to play him heads-up late one night and he berated me endlessly for staying with 65s and beating him in a hand.
Others joined the table and even after he busted-out he decided to tell all the other new arrivals that I totally sucked and didn't know how to play and will call a raise with 65s (which, fwiw, is reasonable in heads-up play).

so when I showed up at his table on empire the other day he went right into his whole "OMG" routine and proceeded to play 50/3 style poker.

(also, just a thought - how the hell is it that all these VP-50 type players can actually find ways to criticize an opponents pre-flop selection? I've been at many tables where a 50/3 guy is total ripping on someone....sometimes that someone is 80/50, other times they are 24/14).

I liked the games on empire just fine...and will probably deposit for this bonus. Whether or not I actually finish it is another thing and it probably isn't THAT hugely profitable for me.
But the extra little incentive to just play my freaking hands is a little push I need sometimes.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This bonus is an excellent deal for many ppl, dont underestimate the # of high volume smaller stakes players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but they could just go to a different site and pick up $600 in bonus for the same amount of hands. So it can't be an excellent deal if the object is to draw people in. It's only excellent for those who were going to play there anyways regardless, so the offer doesn't really draw additional players in.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:43 AM

So basically this bonus is worth about 3.85 cents per hand. Or 5c per raked hand. Based on my 50NL stats the rake per hand is 6.9c. So this bonus doesn't even cover the rake, unless you are getting rakeback too....

It wouldn't encourage me to play if I wasn't already playing. But it is free money if you are.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:58 AM

Dear Player,

EmpirePoker invites you to enjoy another great benefit:
100% EXTRA on your next deposit, up to $300!!

Use deposit code "300MATCH" from October 19, 00:01 AM EST until
October 20, 11:59 PM EST, 2005.

To claim your bonus, make sure to deposit in the time frame stated above,
using the deposit code “300MATCH” and to play 20 times raked hands of the
bonus amount during 10 days.

To learn more, click here.

See you at the tables,

Promotions Department
Empire Poker

No they won't see me at their tables!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

See you on Absolute's tables,

Promotions Department
Empire Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-18-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

See you on Absolute's tables,

Promotions Department
Empire Poker

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLOL
Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6000 raked hands in 10 days would be what - 8000, maybe a little more dealt?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played 3000 raked hands at Multi since the break up at 1/2 (6max), which I believe would give the highest percentage of raked hands. I've had a 59% raked hand average, that traslates to 10,169 dealt to clear this bonus. Good Luck........
Old 10-18-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's actually not a rock garden. from what i hear from my friends the low limits seem fisher than ever

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played almost exclusively at the skins since the break up, there's just been too many bonuses to pass up. To say they have been fishier would be inaccurate, but so would calling them a rock garden. It isn't what it used to be, but it's a far cry from being like some of the rock gardens out there. 20x on the other hand is a MAJOR grind for me, not sure yet if I'm interested, but probably not. Maybe I'll just deposit enough for a $200 bonus.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:51 PM

He remembered me too...because I stayed to play him heads-up late one night and he berated me endlessly for staying with 65s and beating him in a hand.
Others joined the table and even after he busted-out he decided to tell all the other new arrivals that I totally sucked and didn't know how to play and will <font color="red"> reraise </font> with 65s (which, fwiw, is reasonable in heads-up play).

Gives you 2 ways to win haha
Old 10-18-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6000 raked hands in 10 days would be what - 8000, maybe a little more dealt? Just about as worthless as it can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

You haven't played there for a while have you?

At .5/1 it would be more like 16000 dealt.

Lori