Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-12-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: KJo 300/600

[ QUOTE ]
"the main point im making is the EV of calling and raising is just so much greater than calling i dont care if you do one or the other, just dont fold."

normally fine but in this case not fine because the chances at least one of them has a draw or a weaker K is so high that you do your bankroll a disservice by not 3 betting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been taking a decent amount of flack from a few people, yourself especially for spewing these days so I think that may have slightly clouded my vision at the table.

I also agree with stox that a 3 bet is best. I almost always would here. Like I said I decided to change it up and it sounds like you think it was a bad idea. I'll remember that and save my cold calls for a little less aggressive retarded opponents.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:52 AM

"I've been taking a decent amount of flack from a few people, yourself especially for spewing these days so I think that may have slightly clouded my vision at the table."

if you like money dont take my hold em advice as any reason to change the way youre playing 300-600 games youre killing.

but i agree, stox saying you were wrong preflop is something to take into account.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"the main point im making is the EV of calling and raising is just so much greater than calling i dont care if you do one or the other, just dont fold."

normally fine but in this case not fine because the chances at least one of them has a draw or a weaker K is so high that you do your bankroll a disservice by not 3 betting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been taking a decent amount of flack from a few people, yourself especially for spewing these days so I think that may have slightly clouded my vision at the table.

I also agree with stox that a 3 bet is best. I almost always would here. Like I said I decided to change it up and it sounds like you think it was a bad idea. I'll remember that and save my cold calls for a little less aggressive retarded opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just realized me no speaky the good ingles...

i meant calling or raising ev > FOLDING, not calling.

in any case, yea i think upon further reflection 3betting is best in almst every case.

folding blows though.

Barron
Old 10-12-2005, 08:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's like a 55/35/1.1 6 handed player. Post-flop he's mediocre.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The button is LoisLane, a super agro donk who's down like 40k at this point and is playing absolutely horribly. I 4 bet her on a T76 flop with KT after she 3 bet me pre-flop and she called down and lost. She's playing scared of me now kinda. She commented in the chat how she's tilting and it's evident.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had the b/r to be here if this is a typical game, and 'mediocre' means any decent 2+2er should be ahead.

That said, it looks like there's about an equal chance of you being behind, or ahead to a drawing hand, so I call unless I had some knowledge of what a turn raise into 2 other players meant. Steve won't fold a flush draw for 2 bets. He may reraise if he has A/Kx [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or a set. I'd re-evaluate if Steve raises behind.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:05 AM

yup, my key point is that cold-calling can be useful vs a thinking opponent, but when you have a chance to isolate a bad player, it would take some very good reason not to go for it.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:37 AM

My Hand Is Good

Your investigatory powers are almost as good as the inspector himself.

Go Gadget Go!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:46 AM

agreed. PF is a 3-bet (but as bk says he's changing it up).

Turn you can, however, end up putting in 2 extra BB if it's capped behind, obviously if Steve has a good draw you don't want to let him in cheap, but if he has a poor (eg 4 outer) draw you don't want him to leave.

I wonder if anyone would/could/should find a fold to a cap from marrakes?!