Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Bye bye Empire...

[ QUOTE ]
Can't wait to see Empire's next financial update.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't happy with their bannings (even though I wasn't among them) but in the long run competition between rooms is +EV for us so I hope they recover and build a rival network. It'll take someone good in charge to pull it off, though.(Ha!)
Old 10-11-2005, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat it nerd

[/ QUOTE ]
Usually you're just annoying, but this was pretty funny.

TROLL ON
Old 10-11-2005, 04:32 AM

just never seen it mentioned as a possibility before, but a couple people were "bonus abusing" my Empire affiliate accounts and making negative MGR month after month. Nothing huge, just negative $5.00 here and there.

Empire asked me if I wanted to close those accounts. So it is just possible that some of the account closings were at affiliate request. No guarantee, but a distinct possibility.

I doubt that any affiliates would want to admit to asking for account closings, but it could have been people who got tired of losing money month after month on accounts.

The only one that I asked to close was some scumbag who made a large chargeback and would have cost me over $200 bucks, but Empire wouldn't have let him continue anyway.

If there is a common thread of a couple affiliates I would guess it is more likely to be the case than if it were a widespread cut across large and small, but was anyone who was cut signed up directly with the site? and not on an affiliate tracker?

BTW, just for the record, I really feel that Empire made a very stupid move when they closed accounts with no warning. They had no reason to close accounts when they could have just written their promotions better, and I told Empire what I thought of their move too! They gave away a bunch of customers who were just going by the rules that Empire dictated.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:50 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

You got a point there. I had in fact just signed up with raketracker.com and had a small negative MGR. As you mention, something in between 5 and 10$
On the other hand, I had like 25$ in favor from Pokernow (never paid because you have to have at least 50$ in your favor). I never asked for the Pokernow money because I don't really care, and I am not saying Racketracker did anything wrong, but maybe my empire account was closed because of inactivity (still seems strange that they can judge inactivity in an account after just a month or two).
Old 10-11-2005, 09:59 AM

I bit, that was hysterical.