Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-04-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Queens.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO you called the turn bet your commiting yourself for the river, make the crying call

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate this thinking. Never tell me this.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand just calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I called on the turn because I didn't believe he had me beat, but didn't want to raise in case he did, or knock him off his hand. I thought ATo or Jacks or one of the decent hands I have beat would check river. When he went all in, I was out of there fairly quick.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:22 AM

push turn and it's not even close.

river fold makes me sad.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:31 AM

If you have a read that villain will shut down after the turn if you flat call him you played it perfectly IMO. Don't listen to these fools.

If, however, villain was aggressive and you knew his stack was probably going in on the river then you have to decide on the turn whether you're ahead. Based on the way you responded I am going to assume that villain wasn't that aggressive and would shut down, or at least make a blocking bet on the river with hands you're ahead of. I like how you played it.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:30 AM

I raise this turn against most opponents.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:12 AM

At this limit don't get tricky and call turn just push his raise. If he has set so be it. You really can't just call, just get your stack in there and pray. I gurrantaee you will a10 kk or some weaker 10 more times then seeing a boat that beats you.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:37 AM

I agree with those who say you have to raise/fold turn. Calling after being the aggressor previously in the hand, suggests you are worried. The pot is now quite big and I think it is almost inevitable villan is going to push the river, if you are going to fold to a push on the river you have to take positive action one way or another on the turn.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has set so be it. You really can't just call, just get your stack in there and pray.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:27 AM

Fold looks right, with deeper stacks, like $90 you could make it $25 or someting and fold to a push.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand just calling the turn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called on the turn because I didn't believe he had me beat, but didn't want to raise in case he did, or knock him off his hand. I thought ATo or Jacks or one of the decent hands I have beat would check river. When he went all in, I was out of there fairly quick.

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument would make more sense if the board wasn't so draw heavy. Lots of river cards complicate your decisions here.

If you called the turn intending to make a decision based on his river play, had you decided up to what size bet you would have called? Half-pot? 3/4 pot?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:17 AM

This seems like a pretty standard turn fold in my book. Basically, you beat a bluff and J J (even J J can't really think it's ahead often here). Since you did not fold the turn, you played it well IMO. His turn line is very unlikely to be a draw.

P.S. I raise the flop a bit more though.