Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: Coming home from the store with a new audio compact disc.

[ QUOTE ]
How is this particular CD so far?

[/ QUOTE ]
Upon first listen, I rate it as a good album, but a bit behind In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 and The Second Stage Turbine Blade.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:58 PM

This band is hilariously ugly.

And imo everything after second stage turbine blade sucked
Old 09-20-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Upon first listen, I rate it as a good album, but a bit behind In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 and The Second Stage Turbine Blade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please list some of their best tracks for download purposes. Thank you.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome Home is the first single and is clearly the best track and is the most similar to their previous stuff. Frankly, the album is worth buying almost for this song alone. I believe The Suffering is the second single and has a nice catchy hook. The rest of the song is relatively pedestrian, though.

The album as a whole has a different feel than the previous two albums and I think it needs a couple listens before I can give a fair review.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Welcome Home is the first single and is clearly the best track and is the most similar to their previous stuff. Frankly, the album is worth buying almost for this song alone. I believe The Suffering is the second single and has a nice catchy hook. The rest of the song is relatively pedestrian, though.

The album as a whole has a different feel than the previous two albums and I think it needs a couple listens before I can give a fair review.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are only two good tracks on the album, it sucks.
You're too caught up in how much you love Coheed to see the light.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are only two good tracks on the album, it sucks.
You're too caught up in how much you love Coheed to see the light.

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree that if there are only two good songs that the album isn't good. Note that nobody ever said there were only two good songs.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:27 PM

I always open in the car or as i'm walking out to the car. It doesn't always go in the car cd player though. I don't stop turning on the car / driving etc just to open it. So if there are enough stop lights / traffic etc then it gets played in the car. If not the cd is usually ready by the time i get home.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I completely agree that if there are only two good songs that the album isn't good. Note that nobody ever said there were only two good songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad. I read "The rest of the song is relatively pedestrian, though." as "The rest of the album..."
Old 09-20-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan so far. What is some of their good older stuff?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fan so far. What is some of their good older stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say just pick up the other two albums - they're both solid all the way through. If you're just looking for more songs, A Favor House Atlantic and Blood Red Summer are the singles from the last album. I was going to start naming other songs from Silent Earth, but then realized I was about to name practically the whole album. My favorite songs from The Second Stage Turbine Blade are Everything Evil, Hearshot Kid Disaster, Time Consumers, and Neverender... and... and....