Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Getting COMPLETELY and UTTERLY destroyed...

Yes, all the respected posters here are right. You are weak-tight. Go ahead and say it - it's not so bad. 10/20 is a miserably brutal game when you're not used to it. You're too tight preflop (a little) and you fold WAY too much postflop. I can't even say for sure that you're running bad - you may be running neutral but folding all your winners. Drop down now, build your roll back up, and next time play one table at 10/20 with a couple of 5/10s to get used to it.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to rakeback I do still have 250BBs for $10/$20 on top of this 265BB downswing,

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't read this part the first time.

You need to move down immediately.

I would never play 10/20 6max without at least a $10k roll.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks to rakeback I do still have 250BBs for $10/$20 on top of this 265BB downswing,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

Surf
Old 09-03-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

i 3rd that notion. i have 12K after a 4K drop and am thinking about mvoing down to 5/10.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:06 AM

I wouldn't say 10k is a necessity for a veteran of the game and higher limits. (Edit: It's probably very rare that the aformentioned hypothetical player would have below 10k in his roll, but I've been there in the past and kept at it without much fear) But seeing as this is clearly not the case I would have to say that it is completely ludicrous that you are still playing 10/20 with that puny roll while getting hammered the [censored] out of at that game. (I'm not really upset or trying to berate you, but you said to be as harsh as possible and we all need a wake up call sometimes! Seriously though, sometimes its better to take the high road and admit you aren't ready for a game. There's no shame in surrender and it'd really be in your best interests to rebuild at 5/10)

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:07 AM

uh, tone down the aggression. Learn to call. Let the other players bluff. In fact, more bets can sometimes be made just calling down than "value" betting and raising. That said, you're also running bad, but there are serious flaws in your game regardless. I'd get a coach if I were you. kiddo sounds good. *waits for refer-a-friend payment*
Old 09-03-2005, 05:24 PM

Thanks a lot to everyone for your honest responses. I am going to head back to $5/$10 at least for the rest of Sept. to rebuild & re-learn. I clearly need to defend my BB more and call down more instead of blindly betting and folding at the first sign of trouble.

Maybe after fixing my problems and playing 30k or so solid hands of $5/$10 (which when added to what I already have will give me 500BBs for $10/$20) I can give it another shot.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:39 PM

Besides the whole variance thing, you're simply not stealing as much as you should. Is this due to your table image or are you just not doing it? You should be making more on the button.
There are lots of other things (AF way too high, too loose on the BB), but it will take a lot of work.
My suggestion is that you re-read your books and take a strong look at your records.
You have lots of leaks, but they can be fixed.
Hang in there.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:41 PM

defend your blinds more. steal more from co/button. stop being a nutcase postflop. see more showdowns.
Old 09-03-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the whole variance thing, you're simply not stealing as much as you should. Is this due to your table image or are you just not doing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No... I'm fairly confident my low stealing % is a result of getting crappy cards. My preflop standards haven't changed since $5/$10 and I was stealing about 36% in $5/$10 with a VPIP of rougly 24-25.