Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - Offer from a start up site

75% is a good number for them to offer. They need the bodies, but they still need to make something. The difference IMHO between this and a "propping" spot, is that if the site gets reasonable play in the future, we could benefit from this sizable rakeback deal - and if they don't, we don't have to play.

In my situation, I want to play in more large buy-in, live tournaments. This would be a good way for me to save-up for a few $10K spots. The trade off, of course, is that the games will probably be tougher, and I won't be getting my usual 1/3 rakeback each month............that's a toughie. However, I'd still give it a shot.

Nice work, Cranium - good luck to all.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-20-2005, 01:15 AM

im not interested in this at all. but the best seperation of this deal and propping lies in the fact u areallowed to play fullgames too, not only start up shorr handed.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:07 AM

Oh and bump on the question about sng and MTT rake counting towards the 75%. What would be the deal with that?
Old 08-20-2005, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2005, 09:16 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for all the interest.

If this all comes together, it appears there is more interest than there will be spots available.

Good problem for the site, maybe bad for us as players. (for the ones who want to participate. I have had quite a few pms on this post indicating that they would like to be in. As stated before, the site wants a controlled growth of high volume players that coincides with the growth of the site. (which is smart I think)

Previous to this from the original post, I had an enormous amount of interest in the original idea with over 150 players expressing an interest. There will have to be some sort of system in place upon deciding who are the initial players that get to try this "experiment." The remaining players would have to be wait listed for spots that become available later.

I am open for ideas on how to handle this problem, this is my initial thoughts. I will pm everyone that expressed an interest in the original idea without any reservations. I will also pm the ones that expressed an interest but with reservations, like I would rather have cash, it has to be on PokerStars, etc.

If the ones that expressed an interest orginally and now want to participate in this, exceed the number of spots available, I would propose these players would have first priorty over players who are just now expressing interest.

If this is the case, more players wanting to do it than spots available, I would propose that we do a "blind" draw for the players who get to participate initially.

Let me know what everyone thinks about this idea, if this problem was to occur.

I would hope that everyone would agree that I should get a free pass to participate if I chose to. Which this brings me to the question asking about what I am receivng as a result of this. I will not be receiving any type of renumeration from the poker site for the play of other players. I am not an affiliate for this site, nor will I ever be an affiliate for any site. I do not work for any poker site, nor do I want to. I am just strictly an online player who plays alot and who wants a better deal from the poker sites for my play.

The only way I can benefit is if I play myself. In this case, this site has offered me personally a better percentage on my own play if I chose to participate. The reason for this (I think) is because they might perhaps see my play at their site as more valuable than the play of others. (Due to my work on this venture, my play at TruePoker, the fact that I am a known commodity, i.e., they know for sure I play alot)

The initial maximum amount of high volume players the site has indicated they wanted is 20. Anther factor that might impact this is if they want a mix of players at different limits. For example, if the 20 players that participate are all $3/$6 full ring game players, it might cause a problem.

As far as SNGs & MTT counting I don't have the answer for that. I would think it might be more difficult for strictly a tourney player to generate enough rake on that play alone to qualify. (but I could be wrong)

Let me know what you all think. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:29 AM

I think allowing only 20 players originally is going to leave alot of people disappointed. How are the players who are on the waiting list and then get accepted going to compete fairly with the "20 originals"? Will everyone who is the program know all the other players who are in the program? I wouldn't want to sit at a full ring table filled with these "program players" taking turns at stealing the blinds.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would hope that everyone would agree that I should get a free pass to participate if I chose to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. For anyone to contest this, well, it would be ridiculous. You did all of the work to set it up.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would hope that everyone would agree that I should get a free pass to participate if I chose to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course. For anyone to contest this, well, it would be ridiculous. You did all of the work to set it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, yeah, you totally deserve the spot O'doyle.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think allowing only 20 players originally is going to leave alot of people disappointed. How are the players who are on the waiting list and then get accepted going to compete fairly with the "20 originals"? Will everyone who is the program know all the other players who are in the program? I wouldn't want to sit at a full ring table filled with these "program players" taking turns at stealing the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it could leave some people disappointed at first, but the site is indicating that they do have the desire to add more high volume players as their site grows. Seems like a responsible approach to me. If 90% of the people at the site would be multi-tabling 2 + 2ers it would not lead to a good situation.

As far as someone on the waiting list to join the "army", I am not sure what you mean by competing fairly with the original players once they start. It is my understanding that it would be possible that someone that starts at a later date could qualify for a different WSOP/WPT event.

As far as knowing the other players who are participating, I think that would be up to each individual player if they wanted to reveal that.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:47 PM

Is this new site a skin or an independent poker site?