Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 01:28 PM

Default JJ#2

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

sb tried his best to play good, but played wayyy too many hands, got wayyyy to fancy with his hands, and just did some weird stuff in general.

MP2, man, I don't know what the hell is up with him. He has been all over the map the entire session, so to be honest, I don't know how he got off the short bus

this hand had me soooo unbelievably confused the entire way, am I folding the flop, check/folding the turn, river? I didn't know what to do, so I bet [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: JJ#2

Your line is probably fine against 2 bad foes. I'd be a little surprised though if one of them didn't have a K.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:12 PM

<font color="purple">Once MP2 cold-calls the flop, the only draw I see comes in on the turn, so I'm check-folding the turn.</font>
Old 08-14-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">Once MP2 cold-calls the flop, the only draw I see comes in on the turn, so I'm check-folding the turn.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many outs against a straight to fold(4 full house outs+1.5 Equivalent outs to the straight).

Anyway, you can't give him credit for a legitimate hand or draw. I don't mind the way this hand was played. Sometimes unthinking players inadvertently put us to tough decisions.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:28 PM

I don't think you can bet this river for value.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:41 PM

against the players described, i think the hand is fine.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really bet it for value as much as I tried to make them go away
Old 08-14-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, well the bad news is they're prob not going away unless you have them beat.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Betting into two opponents--one that bet into you on the flop, and the other that called two cold--is unlikely to make them go away. Given that you think you're behind and that you probably can't make them fold, you're better off checking this river. If MP2 bets and SB calls or raises, you can fold. If MP2 bets and SB folds, you might decide to call.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too many outs against a straight to fold(4 full house outs+1.5 Equivalent outs to the straight).

Anyway, you can't give him credit for a legitimate hand or draw. I don't mind the way this hand was played. Sometimes unthinking players inadvertently put us to tough decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">I wasn't only giving him credit for a straight. I was saying if he doesn't already have us beat with a K or T, I'm not sure what else he's cold-calling with? Unless he has total trash, we have 5ish outs on the turn.</font>