Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Update on \"O Doyle\'s Army\"

[ QUOTE ]

On top of that....there eventually issues with payment there (although I believe I was paid in full).

I do think something like this can work. But on a small site where you don't even know how successful they are going to be in the long-run AND you are going to be playing against fairly tough competition I'm not sure it would be worth it.

talked with a guy in Vegas who had qualified for the WSOP via FullTilt...they hadn't paid his entry when he arrived even though they said they did...promised they had wired the money...but the lady at the WSOP desk told him that she got the feeling FullTilt was having some sort of problem getting all the entry-money to them.
When there are issues with a site that is decently big such as FullTilt I shudder to think of the potential problems one could have with a start-up site.

I mean...if it's REALLY run well then everything can be just dandy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bob,

Without a doubt this would be a big concern in dealing with a start-up site. And, as far as the security issue goes I am not sure what assurances we could get as a group to make us really comfortable in doing this with a start up site.

(I think this is just one of several hurdles that would have to be overcome.)
Old 08-11-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It was an interesting idea and while its concept is different from yours the profit sharing angle angle may help interest sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting, not sure it would make a difference, but then again I don't know. The way I looked at it originally that the site would be getting paid off by all the media exposure they would receive if a member or members of "the army" went far in the tourney.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:13 PM

O Doyle,

I've been watching this. Excellent idea.

The #1 problem I would have with a startup site is the fact that I'd be sitting at the table with a bunch of Tight Aggressives. I think of Matt Daemon in the rounders when they go to Atlantic City and it's all the best players they don't want to play and the random tourists.

At this small startup site, this would seem to be nothing more than a sort of propping opportunity.

IMHO, a more established site OR one with a HUGE backing may work better. There is one site I can think of whch may fall into this category that I don't know if you've tried.