Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

sure why not...would like a cash option as well since I'm not really a tournament player.

J
Old 07-23-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing against 100 other 2+2ers on a small site is not a good idea. If you can negotiate this through a Party skin or 'Stars I am interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because ppl post on 2+2 doesnt mean they are a good poker player. In fact ppl who know just enough to "try" to play good are the best ones of all to play against.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:17 PM

If there's some kind of major tourny that is 18+ instead of 21, I may be interested in this also.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:23 PM

As stated in previous post, I am in. Though I would like to have an entire year. This would allow us to avoid playing all of our hands at once. The only sites that would be interested are the smaller ones. Most of us will play at Party regardless, so what gain would they have in offering the deal?
Old 07-23-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because ppl post on 2+2 doesnt mean they are a good poker player. In fact ppl who know just enough to "try" to play good are the best ones of all to play against.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 07-23-2005, 04:32 PM

Count me into odyle's army! I would love to participate in somthing like this
Old 07-23-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to win the war. I just want to make a lot of money...

A WSOP seat, for me, is nearly worthless unless I can sell it for cash.

Good luck. Great idea... for the pokersites... They get the rake, they get the publicity, they get the money...

I guess that if you also value a WSOP seat, then you also get an OK deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Baulucky,

I agree with you and would prefer a 12k cash bonus over a WSOP seat. The only problem with that scenario is with a cash bonus there is not much in it for the poker site. (at least the way I see it) When they give that much money away to affiliates at least from some of them they are getting creative marketing which is drving all sorts of players to their site.

The beauty of what I am describing is that there is a huge upside for the poker site which in turn might make such a deal attractive to them.

I can completely understand that the strongest of players might possibly not be attracted to this because they would consider their time more valuable.

However, I think there is a group of players out there who will find this type of deal very appealing to them. I think there is a large number of players that are playing a high volume of low limit poker online. (1-2 to 3-6) For these players this sort of deal might make a lot of sense to them.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:46 PM

I could be interested in this depending on the specifics of course.

A few comments / questions:

-When you say 120K hands do you mean raked hands? If so, the definition of raked hand would need to be defined.

-I personally would prefer the WSOP ME entry idea vs. some form of rake back. I think it's a better win-win for both parties.

-I wouldn't have the time to squeeze 120K during a two month span. I think four months would be challenging but doable. I don't see any reason why the duration couldn't even be longer though. If this goes through it will likley be at one of the medium (TP, ABS, FT, etc.) sites that most of us don't usually play at. A sustained play boost over the year is probably more beneficial to these sites than a two or four month growth followed by a drop off.

-We need to be able to at a minimum 8-table and 10 or 12 would be preferred.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be happy to 4-table at a site for some special bonuses.

I would not be happy to wear an O Doyle's Army special outfit in public. I have exactly zero pieces of clothing with any company names attached - but would probably wear an online site's shirt if I won a $10k entry and got hotel accomodatioins for wearing their shirts.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought of wearing something different looking is twofold.

Number one is that it will catch the media's and public attention thus making it an attractive method of marketing for a poker site. I predict that once the "pros" from Full Tilt are shown more and more on TV in their jerseys, it will result in an upswing in business for them. I am sure they went with the Jersey look instead of the mundane polo so they would not be missed when they enter a huge poker room of a few thousand people in it. Same thought with the military-like type shirt. Definitely would draw attention to our group and especially if we made a point of entering the poker-room as a unit and to continue to support our unit once we are eliminated from the tourney. Simple, but I think it would provide for some very effective marketing for a site.

Number two, is that we would also be letting the public know exactly who we are and how we got to this tourney. We might develop a long term relationship with one site year in and year out, but then again "ODoyle's Army" could perhaps remain as free agents, giving us the ability to negotiate with different sites in the future as a group of high volume players.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:05 PM

perhaps a cashout value less than the wsop package (the difference being the value for the site so to speak). For example take 10k in cash or take the wsop package worth probably 12-13k including travel, lodging, etc.