Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Ed Miller on local TV (New Orleans)

No recorder here, but I'll tell you what he says...
Old 05-15-2005, 02:27 PM

You know how every time someone with no concept about poker starts asking you about it, and you answer as best you can, but the look on the person's face tells you that they don't believe anything you're saying and think you're some sort of degenerate? Ed had to put up with just such a conversation on TV. Poor guy. Handled it with class.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know how every time someone with no concept about poker starts asking you about it, and you answer as best you can, but the look on the person's face tells you that they don't believe anything you're saying and think you're some sort of degenerate? Ed had to put up with just such a conversation on TV. Poor guy. Handled it with class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sour. Thanks for the review though.
Old 05-16-2005, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought he was quite respectful to me. I didn't get the impression that he thought I was full of it. I think he suspected his viewers might think so, however, so he was asking the questions he thought they might ask.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:33 PM

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like the interviewer was disrespectful, he definitely wasn't. But he couldn't seem to understand why anyone would leave Microsoft to go play cards and write books. Glad you did...
Old 05-17-2005, 06:14 PM

I too get annoyed by some of the silly questions I see reports/anchors ask poker players/authors/experts.

It's kind of tough though....the reporter is trying to make it interesting to an audience that primarily does NOT know much about the subject. And the reporter themselves is likely to not know much about the subject either.
It's not exactly their fault imo.

Coming from a broadcast-journalism background I can tell you there were many times I had interviewed and expert on something where I was just hoping I wasn't asking something completely stupid.

I mostly did a decent job...but there were certainly times where I just wasn't very familiar with the subject that i had gotten thrown into.