Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Empire gone crazy !

[ QUOTE ]
No, it is my private computer at home.

I am not really mad about they closing my account if they think I am only there for the bonuses. I do bonuses every now and then, but that's not why I play poker and I play at many other sites, so who really cares?
BUT, I find it unacceptable that they suggest that I am involved in "suspicious and wrongly activities"
I played there for almost a whole month, a little every day and made perhaps 4/500$, sign-up and reload bonus included. No big deal I would think....

[/ QUOTE ]

They should at least tell you why it is closed instead of being vague on purpose.

But both the language used and the fact that you have given them non-bonus action makes your case seem different from the others. Could it be tied to the affiliate you signed up under?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:44 PM

does anyone else get the feeling that party is doing everything in their power right now to shut down party skin accounts with all of other skins? meaning, party is forcing the skins to close accounts of players with their skins if they're found to have a party account as well.

i think party has some grandiose idea that everyone will quit the skins and only play at party.

this party skin drama is so ridiculous that i fully believe, in the end, they will be costing themselves a ton of players.

they have such a great f'in thing going, but theyre being so greedy that they'll see it all tumbling down soon.

i bet stars and the other quality rooms are loving this.

(btw, i havent had any of my other skin accounts shut down yet, so this isnt just some f-party for closing my skin account post - i honestly feel they are messing up royaly right now.)
Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a buddy who plays there almost exclusively that has quit until this whole thing blows over just to be safe. That cant be good for business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that settles it!
Old 05-06-2005, 01:46 PM

UB bonii are everywhere and for me they amount to rake-free poker forever for me and the gnome and the gnome's buddy.

On almost every front I find UB far superior to it's competition.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:48 PM

<font color="blue"> This is my Empire email. It leaves me baffled. </font> If someone else posted this email - I am sorry - I could not find it. I found many "fraud" emails, but no warning emails.
First Email from “PAY_PRO”

[ QUOTE ]

Please call us back from the number registered on your poker account. This will enable us to serve you better in protecting your account information.

Call us at +1 (866) 299-8893 (Toll free for US &amp; Canada only) or +350 41003 (International Rates Apply). We are available 24 hrs, 7 days a week and will be glad to assist you.

If you would prefer we contact you, please reply to this Email with a convenient time for us to call.

If we do not hear from you, your poker account will be temporarily put on hold to ensure your online safety until we are able to speak to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> Please inform what account this is in reference to. I would prefer you to email me, but you may call after 8:00 pm EST (New York, USA) </font>

note: at this point I believe this is a scam, but I am a little curious. I only have money at 2 sites, so I am not concerned.

They reply:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

This is in regards to your Empire Poker account.

In regards to the account, we would need to ask that you contact the email address mentioned - vip@empirepoker.com.

If you have any questions please contact us. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
http://www.pay-pro.com

*Please include your full name, telephone number and account name with all documents sent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, now I am getting somewhere. I have read the Empire debacle and now this starts to make sense. I will now email Empire.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> This is my Empire email. It leaves me baffled. </font> If someone else posted this email - I am sorry - I could not find it. I found many "fraud" emails, but no warning emails.
First Email from “PAY_PRO”

[ QUOTE ]

Please call us back from the number registered on your poker account. This will enable us to serve you better in protecting your account information.

Call us at +1 (866) 299-8893 (Toll free for US &amp; Canada only) or +350 41003 (International Rates Apply). We are available 24 hrs, 7 days a week and will be glad to assist you.

If you would prefer we contact you, please reply to this Email with a convenient time for us to call.

If we do not hear from you, your poker account will be temporarily put on hold to ensure your online safety until we are able to speak to you.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue"> Please inform what account this is in reference to. I would prefer you to email me, but you may call after 8:00 pm EST (New York, USA) </font>

note: at this point I believe this is a scam, but I am a little curious. I only have money at 2 sites, so I am not concerned.

They reply:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for contacting us.

This is in regards to your Empire Poker account.

In regards to the account, we would need to ask that you contact the email address mentioned - vip@empirepoker.com.

If you have any questions please contact us. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist you.
http://www.pay-pro.com

*Please include your full name, telephone number and account name with all documents sent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, now I am getting somewhere. I have read the Empire debacle and now this starts to make sense. I will now email Empire.

[/ QUOTE ]

When they respond in 4 months, tell us what they said.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:05 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

When they respond in 4 months, tell us what they said.

That is the exact same mail I got and started the whole thing. They answered in less than 30 minutes calling me a criminal! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2005, 03:20 PM

Has anyone been charting on Poker Pulse to see if this is having an effect on tables and players on Empire and/or Party?

Gojacketz
Old 05-06-2005, 05:05 PM

William, I agree with you that this is obnoxious behaviour on Empire's part.

One thing you can do is complain to their regulator, the Government of Gibraltar. There is a phone number, postal address, and email address on this page.

I don't know whether they will care, maybe not, but hopefully if they get a number of complaints they will tell Empire that it has to treat its customers reasonably.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can guarantee they will earn much more money if they get rid of everyone like me and you, who only play on Empire for a bonus.

I know you are upset that what has been a profitable thing for you will dissapear, but surely you must see that Empire is doing what makes perfect business sense.

William. They used a different language in your mail than the other mails ("suspicious and wrongful actions"). Perhaps there is something else that is wrong with your account, especially since it is so new. Are you sharing IP (via school etc) with a lot of others?

[/ QUOTE ]
So if I have the potential to be one of these folks that plays 17 million tables at once (4 at each skin) at say 3/6 or 5/10 but right now im just a whore who is making money cheap to build up enough of a bankroll but they ban me prematurely giving up money that they would no doubt get back in the future (as I dont have any rakeback) is that a good business move? No, a BETTER move would be to either ban specific people from getting bonuses OR not give bonuses at all if they are that worried about it. I just think that if this is why they are banning people they are going about it in the wrong way. I dont doubt I cost them money right now as do all the other people who strictly whore the site but as I become a better player and have a bigger bankroll and decide to move to higher limits they have no chance of getting that money. Flame on.