Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-27-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Should I have bet this turn?

First hand at the table with no reads as a mid position poster.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???</font>

I still have an overpair, but with a 4 card straight on the board i'm not sure if i win often enough at showdown for it to be worth a bet to protect my hand here.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Should I have bet this turn?

I hate spots like this, but the answer is yes becuase you can't afford to give a free card to something like QJ. Call a check/raise (if it comes) and fold the river UI IMO.

A hand like this just came up with me. Had 99 on a QQQx board HU and got c/r on the turn. [censored] sucks.

Brad
Old 12-27-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Results:

Yah, i agree betting was definitely the better option, and if i had reads on these guys thats definitely the way i would have played it. Default no reads i wasn't sure if i'm good enough to bet, but i'm pretty sure you are right and i should have invested that extra bet.

Hero checks, CO checked, river was a queen. CO wins with KQ (one pair, queens). Hero had the best hand and best draw (even if it was only a gutshot and trip draw) on the turn.