Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 10:55 PM

Default Paul Phillips, you suck and I could destroy you in poker.

That's right Phillips, you've met your match. Unlike you, I've actually won a large tournament, in fact over 1700 people with a dollar that said they thought they could defeat me in a no limit hold'em tournament, and I proved each and every one of those pretenders wrong. You think that was a fluke? Just a week before that I placed 5th out of over 2000 entrants in a $2 buyin tournament despite being shortstacked through the final two tables. I made in credible plays and my skills are clearly far superior to yours. I've been playing poker for much less time than you and I already have you beat. You've never won any tournament with even close to the number of players that were in mine. Plus, the people in the $1 tourneys are much, much more dangerous than the ones in those big buyin tournaments you hide behind. You can't push in a third of your stack with middle pair and expect to get away with it. You have to actually know how to play poker to win a tournament like that. Those 10K buyin events are easy because you can just push your stack in when you're in trouble and they give you the pot.

Plus, not only do I unequivocally outclass you in hold'em, but I also put you to shame in Omaha/8. I've won an Oomaha/8 event, 50+5 buyin, and I even outlasted Brett Jungblut, the supposed "world champion" of Omaha/8. I owned him. He didn't have a chance against me. And every one of the 90 people in that tournament could have destroyed that pretender Curtis Bibb that you couldn't even beat in the heads up at the WSOP. That's right, Phillips, you got SECOND PLACE while I got FIRST. You'll always be doomed to inferior to my unmatched poker skills. And as if that victory wasn't enough, I defied the odds and placed THIRD the VERY NEXT TIME I ENTERED THAT TOURNEY. You've never won anything except those lame 10K buyin NL hold'em events, while I've won everything from small buyins tournaments with huge fields to big buyin tourneys with skilled fields to intimidating sit and go tournaments to satelites for 350K guaranteed prizes event. Oh, you've made six final tables this year? Guess what? I've made SEVEN. So, to recap, I'm better at hold'em, better at Omaha/8, more consistent, more versatile, and better at pretty much anything related to poker. Basically, Paul Phillips, I rule, and you suck.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, you suck and I could destroy you in poker.

You forgot one important thing. Paul Phillips could buy and sell your ass 1000 times over and still have money left for a cup of coffee. At Starbucks.

What a freaking troll, you haven't been banned yet?
Old 11-20-2004, 11:09 PM

Post of the year.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:17 PM

I know nothing about you or your poker skills. I only know what I read in your post, but I would suggest that you sleep on it and then urge/beg Matt to delete the post. Your logic is similar to 'I am better than Michael Jordan in basketball. He only won 6 NBA titles, I won the king of the hill title 15 times in my neighborhood game' or how about 'Jeff Gordon who? I'm the very best in my town at Pinewood Derby racing'.

Listen, I'm not criticizing your poker play and perhaps you are great. It's extremely difficult to win online tournaments. But to compare the skill level at $1 buy-in online tournaments to $10k pro events is a bit ridiculous. It must be a joke if you are really serious about the comparison. Again, your skill is most likely very high if you are placing consistently high in these events. I would urge you to get involved in bigger buy-in live events with top players if you are truly confident in your poker skills. If you do well at these events I'm sure you will have no need to trump your own horn.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:22 PM

You took this post way too seriously
Old 11-20-2004, 11:38 PM

Great post. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Alot of these people have no sense of humor at all.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you do well at these events I'm sure you will have no need to trump your own horn.

[/ QUOTE ]

"trump your own horn"? Is that what happens when you play bridge while fox hunting?

Sarcasm detector on, this was a cute post...
Old 11-21-2004, 01:22 AM

Default But, how\'s your scrabble?

Let me guess - you're a writer with a huge vocabulary?
Old 11-21-2004, 01:22 AM

are the $1, $2, OR $50 tourney televised? lol...
Old 11-21-2004, 01:40 AM

I'm really hoping your post is tounge in cheek; if it is, it could be construed as somewhat humorous.

If it is serious, Paul should purchase your employer just to fire you....

Of course, even he might not have enough money to buy McDonalds, so you have escaped justice again.

Two more years, and you get a better paper hat...

Fitz