Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Why do the Jews...

[ QUOTE ]
So around 3,000 years ago certain Jews elected to disobey God, and as a result "Jewish people" of today are "cursed, in a sense," owing to some eradicable infection of ancient choice into the biologic or cultural lineage of all future generations.

Please explain how that "makes sense."

[/ QUOTE ]
He was wondering why people seem to bear so much "ill will" towards the jews. So if he was looking for the answer, and could not find it, someone had written it long ago.

Whether or not it is true, whether or not he, or anyone else believes it (including me), is moot. I was just pointing out that it has been written before, this isn't the first time that someone has wondered why Jewish people are treated so badly in the world.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 04:34 PM

ilikebigbets:

I'm Jewish and a member of the International Zionist Conspiracy. PM me for details.

Didn't you get the memo?
Old 07-18-2004, 05:16 PM

To a large extent it's true.

There's a lot of that going on in Canada, but even if you're Jewish, you still have to be good at what you do before someone will do you a favour.

The reason it happens is because the Jewish community here is relatively close-knit. As a result of decades of persecution (and passed-on stories about persecution), there's a comraderie that comes with other Jews. It's a defence mechanism, IMO.

Because of this close-knit community, reputations are very quickly built and destroyed, and widely disseminated across the community.

Everyone in the Jewish community knows who the good people are, and everyone knows them when they walk up to the door looking for a job. As opposed to a guy they'd never heard of before.

Jewish mothers ask their friends they meet at synogogue or Hebrew day school about their daughters, sons, about their places of work, etc. etc. and that's why Jews help out other Jews; not because they hate everyone else or think they're better than everyone else, but simply because they're always around each other at daily activities. Is that bad?
Old 07-18-2004, 05:19 PM

Wait, I'd rather you not use the internet for this.

Remember, I control the media.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:37 PM

I'm not sure you got the point of what I was suggesting to be uncool- which was the implied racism towards groups other than Jews in the post to which I was responding.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:31 AM

The Jews are OK. At least they don't try to impose their will on others under the cover of their "God", like a certain sect does.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:03 AM

I agree. Of the three main monotheistic religions, I like many of the qualities of Judaism. The sense of community, family and tradition -- and as you correctly point out they dont prosletyze. The other two religions should learn these lessons.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ilikebigbets:

I'm Jewish and a member of the International Zionist Conspiracy. PM me for details.

Didn't you get the memo?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll see you at the next world domination meeting.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:17 AM

the implied racism towards groups other than Jews in the post to which I was responding.

I took that to address the implied racism by Jews against non-Jews in saying "they network". I responded with, in that post,

that's why Jews help out other Jews; not because they hate everyone else or think they're better than everyone else

Unless I misunderstood the original post.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:42 PM

"Because they help eachother get jobs, network etc. As opposed to selling eachother crack and murdering eachother"

i think this is more of an insult to black people than jews.