Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 03:32 AM

Default Why do the Jews...

Why do some say that the Jews run the government of the USA, the media, as well as Hollywood. It is apparent that although they only make up a small percentage of the population they represent a much greater perfectage in each of the respective areas. Being a Jew, is there something that I don't know about us, that all other do... are we inherently pieces of trash/greedballs? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Seriously, why do people have such disgust over a certain group of people who don't harm others generally, who have had to struggle like no other group in the history of the world that's documented to survive as a group only to have so much ill will directed at them!?!? I'm not religious, I can identify with the culture and tradition, and all I know is that Judaism promotes the same thing as Christianity as well Islam for a person have moral and ethics... what's the beef? After all, shouldn't those who aren't Jewish be concerned with how they are treated by Jews and not what higher source they believe in however extreme and far-fetched they may find it. I am getting sick and tired of being labeled as a penny-pinching scumbag. Seriously, Fck all you haters, get a grip.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:56 AM

Default Re: Why do the Jews...

[ QUOTE ]
Why do some say that the Jews run the government of the USA, the media, as well as Hollywood. It is apparent that although they only make up a small percentage of the population they represent a much greater perfectage in each of the respective areas. Being a Jew, is there something that I don't know about us, that all other do... are we inherently pieces of

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres my take. I believe that jews have a very strong work ethic that is embedded into the jewish culture. The harder you work the more likely you are to succeed. Jews succeed becuase the work hard. This ain't rocket science.

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, why do people have such disgust over a certain group of people who don't harm others generally

[/ QUOTE ]

Its natural for people to have a victim attitude. In order to be the victim, you have to assign blame somewhere other than onesself.

[ QUOTE ]
who have had to struggle like no other group in the history of the world that's documented to survive as a group

[/ QUOTE ]

Again people naturally have this victim attitude. Even the jews. The simple truth of the matter is that other people have had equal or more difficult struggles.

[ QUOTE ]
I am getting sick and tired of being labeled as a penny-pinching scumbag. Seriously, Fck all you haters, get a grip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every group is derogatorily labeled by some other group.
Don't think your special. The truth is you are not.

Stu
Old 07-18-2004, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do some say that the Jews run the government of the USA

[/ QUOTE ]
If Kerry is elected President, that will no longer be a matter of opinion.
Kerry's Jewish Roots

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, why do people have such disgust over a certain group of people who don't harm others generally

[/ QUOTE ]
Good question, you'd think you guys have hoofs and horns by listening to the rantings spewed of some people (Bobby Fisher being a typical example).

-dsm
Old 07-18-2004, 06:40 AM

Is this post a joke?

BTW, not only do Jews have good work ethic, also emphasis on academics in Jewish culture.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:57 AM

Because they help eachother get jobs, network etc. As opposed to selling eachother crack and murdering eachother.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:59 PM

Highly, Highly uncool.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:43 PM

If we speak clearly from a biblical perspective, forgetting every other thing, then it makes a lot of sense.

Jewish people, Israelites, are blessed, but also cursed, in a sense, for their disobedience to God once He brought them out of slavery in Egypt and gave them Israel. He said they were "stiff necked" many times and made it clear that many nations would set themselves against Israel. He also said they would lose that land, then get it back in the future.

I'm not preaching at all, I'm just repeating things written in the Old Testament, but if you are looking for answers that seem to make sense, this pretty much tells it all. You can start from Exodus and go through Joshua, if you are interested.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 03:10 PM

"He" as in god right? I am glad you take all of this that "he" said and present it as FACT. Your words "clearly" and "ANSWERS that seem to make sense" are pretty scary and offensive to me
Old 07-18-2004, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He" as in god right? I am glad you take all of this that "he" said and present it as FACT. Your words "clearly" and "ANSWERS that seem to make sense" are pretty scary and offensive to me

[/ QUOTE ]
What I think makes no difference at all.

I'm just saying that if someone wanted to read one person's account of something, he could do it there.

Sort of like the book The Beach. If I wanted to read a fictional account of a guy living on a deserted island in Thailand, I could read it in the book, The Beach.

The FACT being that he could read the book, not that the book was a FACT.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jewish people, Israelites, are blessed, but also cursed, in a sense, for their disobedience to God once He brought them out of slavery in Egypt and gave them Israel. He said they were "stiff necked" many times and made it clear that many nations would set themselves against Israel. He also said they would lose that land, then get it back in the future.

I'm not preaching at all, I'm just repeating things written in the Old Testament, but if you are looking for answers that seem to make sense, this pretty much tells it all.

[/ QUOTE ]
So around 3,000 years ago certain Jews elected to disobey God, and as a result "Jewish people" of today are "cursed, in a sense," owing to some eradicable infection of ancient choice into the biologic or cultural lineage of all future generations.

Please explain how that "makes sense."