Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 07-12-2004, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Contemplating a preorder

Hopefully I snagged a pre order copy in time. Coupled it with "Gambling for a Living" - which is just something I wanted to get David's thoughts on.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:10 PM

Default How is it shipped? USPS? Fedex?

Chuck, I have a question that has kinda been asked a few times but I see no answer in this thread. Probably because you cant give a definite answer. I was wondering if you could give me an educated guess on this though and I promise not to hold you to it if you are wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am going on holiday to Europe on the evening of Monday July 19th and would love to have this book to read on the plane, on the beach, and on the toilet. If I pre-ordered now by Visa is there any chance I receive it on or before Monday in Brooklyn, NY?

Just an educated guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you say there is a reasonable chance then i'll take that chance. For example, would my book still ship on 15th even though im ordering after the weekend? Say you got the book out on the 15th (sounds reasonable from what you say), what form of postage will you use? Something where Fri/Sat/Mon will be enough?

If I order now will I even get a book from the first batch? Has pre-order demand out-weighed first batch supply?

Thanks for anything you can tell me,

ThePimpulator.
Old 07-13-2004, 06:58 AM

Default Re: Pre-order\'s still available? Yes!

I'd like to order the book through this site. Previously I've ordered books via Amazon. One question, which may appear a bit strange. Is there any reference to gambling on the packaging if I order here? I need the book delivered to my work address.
Thanks
Old 07-13-2004, 11:13 AM

Smudge,
I am a regular customer of Amazon's and the packaging gives no reference at all of what books are contained inside. It's either a box or cardboard packaging (depending on the size of your order) with the Amazon logo on it. Well, this is based on my experience with Amazon.ca which may be different than Amazon.com.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:17 PM

Hi Avatar,
Thanks for the reply. I have ordered before from Amazon and as you say there is no reference to this. However, I would like to order the book from 2+2/Conjelco this time but wondered what was on the packaging.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:16 PM

Well when you buy a book through Conjelco you get a subscription to "The Intelligent Gambler" newsletter. Not sure how you would request not to receive that - although it's +EV receiving it.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:17 PM

Is it delivered by post?
Old 07-13-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Answers to Questions About Shipping

Mason says that the books will be ready to ship on July 15. That is Thursday. The pre-orders to date have been processed...at least if they are only for Small Stakes Hold'em. Pre-orders that include other titles are being handled differently unless splitting at extra shipping cost was authorized.

We're shipping books to US addresses via Priority Mail unless another method was chosen at the time of ordering.

The fulfillment people have a *lot* of orders to push out the door. They are unlikely to get them all shipped the first day.

Here's my best guess...if Mason is right about the July 15 date, some of you will receive your books as early as Saturday and some on Monday. My guess is that most of the orders will arrive by the middle of next week. If Mason is wrong about the July 15 date, then obviously this won't hold.

Mason will no doubt post when the book begins shipping.

If you have specific questions the place to ask them is directly to me via e-mail to "weinstock at conjelco.com", and not via PM or a post to this board.

Chuck
Old 07-13-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Answers to Questions About Shipping

where else in vegas where the books be available the 15th? I will not be able to get to the gamblers general bookstore before they close. Is that the only spot?

regards,
bonanz