Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-02-2004, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Road Rage.

I don't understand what the big rush is. People are always in a hurry to get somewhere. Where are all you people going that you can't take an extra five minutes to get there. Slow down and smell the roses. Relax. Talk to people. Be late for something. It won't kill you.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:21 PM

Default Re: My Kinda Guy

LOL. I kind of agree. I too have been in a rage since childhood, but I have to live on this godforsaken planet with a bunch of idiots, so I temper my actions to fall within societal limits. But I always say about the slow driovers out there, "You drive slow, you think slow." And I think this is true. People who drive slow are insufferable morons really. I drive slower than I would like. I mean, I wouldn't be reckless, but I don't see why I cant go 120 on clear roads. 120 in town would be dangerous. And maybe on the 2 lane to las vegas I'd only go 90 in spots. I think the limit should be how hard I want to push my car. So I don't think I'd drive much over 100 most of the time.
Old 04-02-2004, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Road Rage.

Unreal.

This was in Barstow, CA, and I was returning home from Vegas.

I am 100% certain I am the young man.

Yes, I still have problems using these bizarre California nozzles. I never can seem to get them to pump continuously.

No, I did not come close to running the man over. It is true that I may have started to pull out a little quickly, but I saw him and hit the brakes.

For the record, I am do not suffer from road rage and generally treat bad beats in the life the same as at the poker table. But what this old man said to me was completely unjustified. He needed to be checked.

Why the hell is SevenStuda at a gas station in Barstow? This is surreal.

-Michael
Old 04-03-2004, 02:01 AM

Default Way to go, Harvey Pekar ! (nt)

Old 04-03-2004, 03:44 AM

Default Re: My Kinda Guy

you are all a bunch of nutcases. you seem to drive like maniacs just to get home real quick to put your fat asses on the couch 3 minutes sooner. listen to the music and enjoy life as it will be gone one day. remember your relatives got here on a boat at 3 miles per hour. maybe andy is right in that most of you shouldnt have weapons. you are unbalanced and bush should hold you without council.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Well said! n/m

Old 04-04-2004, 10:40 AM

Default you better shut the #$%^#$ up or I\'ll run you the @#$%% off the road!

Road rage is very common these days. Here's my own two favs, both true, both happened to me...

1. guy on highway cuts across THREE lanes to make a last minute exit. He cuts us off (my girlfriend at the time was driving) and we nearly crash. Then HE flips US off! My girlfriend, normally quiet and not easily roused, chases him off the highway in a rage. He then becomes quagmired in a traffic jam which is commonly found at the bottom of that exit. When he sees us pull up behind him, HE gets out of the car and comes at us! Well now it's not just him, not just my girlfriend, but ME who has the road rage. I get out of the truck with a large ratchet, approaching the "offendor" in a threatening manner. He then got BACK into his car and drove up on the curb to go around the traffic jam.

2. In walmart parking lot... walmart really seems to attract the redneck f*cks... I've come close to a physical altercation there three times... I'm going fishing, got the boat attached to the truck, and needed two grease fittings lubed on the steering. Being sunday, it's the only place for miles that is open. So I am parked by the auto section with the boat. I'm in the road, but the road is like six cars wide back there. People are going around me on both sides with plenty of room. Meanwhile my bro is inside trying to get the job on the queue. Well this redneck f*ck passes me and yells out the window something to the effect of "move your f*cking boat @#$%@#$%." Well I (very cordially) flip him the bird. He seems to pull away, but then I see him park in the rearview mirror. He comes at my truck yelling to move it now or he'll kick my ass. He's about 55-60 years old, no teeth, cowboy hat and boots, a typical redneck idiot (who shouldn't be allowed to breed). I am young, tall (6'1", 190 lbs) and in good shape, he's obviously way out of his league. That doesn't stop his dumb ass. I try to ignore him but he gets closer. I finally get out of the truck and grab a large crobar and ask him (very cordially of course) if he really wants a piece of me. I grabbed the crobar cuz i really did NOT want to fight (and be forced to kick his ass). Well sometimes you bluff and get called... he kept coming anyway! was he insane? Someone from walmart saw all this and stopped him, which was good cuz I would have had to drop the weapon and defend myself, which I did not want to do.

By the way the service manager refused to lube the grease fittings "because it's not a car." This despite the fact that a "lube only" costs more than purchasing a grease gun from walmart. Walmart really does suck. I took the long way to the lake and stopped at a service station along the way, who by the way lubed the two fittings for free. I tipped him $5 tho.

al