Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2004, 10:32 AM

Default Re: 2+2 SNG Game Survey

I suppose the 2+2 sng series is sufficient

As the games are not endorsed by twoplustwo, I think it may be a problem to use 2+2 in the title. As this forum is the one-table tournament forum, how about the OTT SNG Series? (even though the events are 2-table jobbies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])

Simon
Old 03-22-2004, 10:37 AM

or a 1 table tourny for the first 9 knocked out of the regular game. Is there any interest in this?

My suggestion would be to canvass opinion when the final table of the main game is formed. If people are still on the rail and are interested, then a impromptu SNG could be set up couldn't it?

Simon
Old 03-22-2004, 10:51 AM

Default Re: A show all Trny maybe?

Hiya Stage,

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I have really been playing like crap the last couple of weeks I have went back to the basics to find out where I lost some enthusiasm for the SNG's. Cris, I guess we have some things in common.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all go through these times. I know that moving to ring game play has been a boon for me, both financially and emotionally. I made almost $2K last week in $2/4 NL ring play, and that obviously that felt good, especially when I'd just made a big withdrawal to pay my mortgage ... which also felt good! Plus there's less pressure in a ring game; the blinds don't increase, there's no one "winner," you can rebuy, come and go as you please, etc.

So yes, I think if you're feeling burned out on SNGs, moving to ring play -- even temporarily -- can be a good idea.

Cris
Old 03-22-2004, 10:53 AM

Hi William,

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Cris here...

[/ QUOTE ]

***THUD***

(Sound of Cris fainting.)

Cris [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2004, 10:56 AM

Although I don't play anything like as much as you guys I find much the same.

I get stale in the SnGs so I move over to ring for a week or two.
Then I get bored with the lack of any finale in Ring so I move back to SnG for a month.

This is pretty much the iteration I go through every 6 weeks for the last 18months. Seems to work very well for me.

Tim
Old 03-22-2004, 10:57 AM

One aspect of the game that attracted me initially was I thought there would be more analysis and discussion of some hands during the week between games. I thought that was the whole point. It was meant to be fun but more importantly a learning experience. So it was worth the $11 for a potential lesson or two. That never really materialized. I don't have a problem with playing with good or decent players, but why do it when you don't have to? I posted a few hands after afterwards and they were largely ignored. That may be more of a reflection on me than anything but why else would I want to play with a bunch of people who study the game? I'd rather sit with the folks who call large pre-flop bets with A5o and pay me off.

None of this means that I personally will not play anymore, in fact I intend to. Other commitments have precluded me from playing but now that the schedule looks like it is changing, I will be more apt to play. But I think the above could go along way in improving participation.
Old 03-22-2004, 11:38 AM

Looking at it now I agree that showing every hand is asking a bit much from the better players. Can't blame me for trying though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I do however like the idea of swapping hand histories and would be willing to do it with any player that wanted to. Also if you didn't want to thats okay as well. So I think we could work this out like this those who want to swap hand histories afterwards can and if some players don't want to that is fine.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:01 PM

Cris,

You hit it with that one. Everyone needs a change of pace occasionally. I just returned from LA where I spent a week and had a ball. I am posting a complete trip report in the News and views section. It will be long but I will break it up into a couple of different parts to help with the length. The trip was great and the change up was wonderful.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:25 PM

OK my response is that I like the time and the game as it stands pretty well. I have been semi-lazy about entering, but that's not because I aint having fun when I play. I have no problems with the scoring system or formats. not sure what else to say.

al
Old 03-22-2004, 12:35 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Stage,

Nice to have you back fit and full of energy. As I know you though, you will soon be waisting all that energy chasing my lead in the Kotz (or elsewhere) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh well, I guess that's what it is to be famous and having all the fans constantly after you... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Welcome back,
William