Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-14-2004, 01:38 AM

Default Any fold this set of Aces on the flop here?

Sng at stars. 5 people left and the blinds are 100/200 a25. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] utg I raise it to 600. The bb calls and has me covered. Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BB bets 400 and I raise it to 1600, bb raises again I move all in he flips over K2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s and I’m dead. Is there anyway I could fold this? The only reason I even ask is because it is a bubble situation.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:59 AM

Default Re: Any fold this set of Aces on the flop here?

Nope I never fold this in a SnG, even if he has the flush you have redraws.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 PM

Nope. I'd have to have a huge stack or a huge buyin to fold this. Any other game I'm in to the end and you still had 7 outs twice or runnerrunner pair.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:02 PM

You're not dead here, you're going to win this hand 1/3 of the time. It's hard to say if you played it right since you don't mention stack sizes, but once you raise to 1600 I'm guessing you probably have odds to call his all-in raise even if he flipped his hand face up.

Even if this was a situation where 2 people were going to be blinded out the next hand, once you committ over 2k in chips, folding top set here would be nuts. You're going to cripple yourself by folding and might not make the money anyway. And if you fold this hand when he has something like AQ, the K of spades, 99, or whatever, that would obviously be a disaster.