Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2004, 02:00 AM

Default Hand from the Kotz trny

First level of trny blinds are 10/20. It's folded around to the button who makes it 70 to go. I'm on the sb with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I call, bb folds.

Flop [7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] Button bets 160 I raise to 500 he has me covered and moves all in. Its 880 for me to call a pot of 2040. I figure I'm getting 2.3 to 1 to call a 1.6 to 1 draw so I call. He flips over QQ I get no help and I'm busted out. Should I have just mucked this and tried to rebuild from 880 or did I have to call?
Old 02-20-2004, 02:18 AM

Default Re: Hand from the Kotz trny

I was in a similar position early, with the nut flush draw, getting 2-1 to call allin on the flop. I called and ended up hitting an A to win, so it worked out. I think early if you get the odds go for it. You do not have much to lose b//c you can just buy into another tourn and be just as good a spot as you were. Later on in a tourney i think you'd want a better spot, assuming if you fold you are still in decent shape, b/c you just can't buy into another tourney and be in the same position imediatley, you have more at stake. thats my thinking anyway. (of course since this was a special t, you could argue play it safer or more agg, but i like agg)