Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 02:21 PM

Default 50/100 HU hand 2

Same villian as last hand.

He limps in the SB, which is fairly rare. I make 300 with Kd9d, and he calls. the flop is k34 2 clubs. He checks, i bet 500, he makes it 1400, i call. Turn is the Ac and he leads for 2k. You're play? What if the turn had blanked?

Stacks are 12-13k.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:27 PM

Default Re: 50/100 HU hand 2

Turn is a good card to push someone off a hand. That seems to be a fairly cautious bet amount he's made, just screaming "raise me out of this hand now that this scarrrrrrry clubby acey thing has come!" But you've been playing the guy, you'd know better than me what it means.

If turn was blank and he led out I'd be inclined to fold.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is a good card to push someone off a hand. That seems to be a fairly cautious bet amount he's made, just screaming "raise me out of this hand now that this scarrrrrrry clubby acey thing has come!" But you've been playing the guy, you'd know better than me what it means.

[/ QUOTE ]I think almost the opposite might be true. If your plan was to fold to a blank turn you should DEFINITELY be folding to his flop raise. I think his turn bet is for value/begging to get raised...I really doubt he has a better pair of kings than you, a set is possible here (not sure if opponents tendencies are to raise all pairs preflop). He might be afraid of the club, but he's not folding a set to a raise (and by river he'll probably be pot committed). I think his range is total bluff, flush or set, possibly 56 (maybe something like A3 or A4 is possible too). I'd be inclined to fold this turn and call a totally blank turn and hope he shuts down on river (but maybe calling another river bet on another blank) but this line obviously isn't great.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I think almost the opposite might be true. If your plan was to fold to a blank turn you should DEFINITELY be folding to his flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't asking about the flop.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:25 AM

Was the K on the flop a club?