Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-24-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: ALL Forum Splitting Comments/Suggestions Go here!

I think its all too fuzzy to be effective, or work at all. There isn't that much wrong with the forum right now. Yes there is a lot of noise, but waaa waaa waaa- if you want to see good hands they are out there. I think everybody is creating a problem that does not yet exist.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you bring up a good point with the Official MTT and Sweat as 2 areas, I would moreover clarify this and look at something along the lines of..
a) MTT Strategy/Theory
b) MTT Sweat/Official Tournament Thread (Needs a catchier name)

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you want:

a) MTT Classroom
b) MTT Lounge
Old 12-24-2005, 07:11 PM

NH, ghato! However, I think dedicating an entire forum to sweat and officials is a little silly, no?
Old 12-24-2005, 07:15 PM

The more I think about all of this the less neccessary I think any of it is. However, the only variant that has been mentioned that I would back would be Sweat/Official and Strat/Theory.... this is all a waste anyway as I doubt Mat would ever back this split, the traffic they'd get wouldn't warrant it. I think the biggest issue here is this... if one option didnt make 100% sense to everyone then there probably isnt a real need to split
~Justin
Old 12-24-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I said some of this in another post, but:

1. I think that allowing players to self-select "Advanced" status would work. No snubs since nobody is kept out, and I think that most players have a pretty realistic view of themselves. Honestly, how many $5-20 players like me would have the chutzpa to say, "Hey, I'm one of the most insightful posters here."

2. Sort of a variant on the "Play a hand with the Masters." Have a forum where only advanced players can make the origial post, but anyone can reply. That cuts out a lot of the "Should I fold AA pre-flop?" stuff, but still allows people like me to be involved.

Just my my two cents.

Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

I think self selection makes the most sense. A lot of times the elementary questions get little response or sarcastic replies from me or others. So I think most people would post the elementary questions in the right forum.

I don't think a cutoff by buyin is appropriate. There is not that high a correlation of buyin to level of question. Also how do you compare buyins of a $120 live tournament, a $10 rebuy, a $25 turbo 2-table tournament etc.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:22 PM

I think pretty much all of these ideas are pointless. Read the posts you want to read, respond to the ones you want to respond to and everything should be fine. It isn't very hard to ignore a thread.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:39 PM

Basing a forum on "skill" of the posters is reDONKulous. How in the WORLD would you rank people? The herndon mob? I'm sure there's tons of people here who arent on there. If anything you'd have to do it based on post count.

The difference between us and cash games is that in a tournament everyone starts off equal by definition. Cash games that's not really true as there's a max buy in, but if you double up you get to keep that. Most theory is the same regardless of buyin for us, but not for them. There is no TFAP for high buy in tourneys, but there are sklansky books for high limit and low limit play.

Just keep the forum the way it is, and here's an idea the better posters: respond to more posts. I make posts and don't get nearly as many responses as I should, and they're not that "obvious". If anything, I'm serious about banning people, mods should just ban people for making stupid responses/posts (like bad beat posts/ or if they start flaming).
Old 12-24-2005, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. I think that allowing players to self-select "Advanced" status would work. No snubs since nobody is kept out, and I think that most players have a pretty realistic view of themselves. Honestly, how many $5-20 players like me would have the chutzpa to say, "Hey, I'm one of the most insightful posters here."

[/ QUOTE ]

Even when you divide forums by stakes, people jump forums regularly. Regulating forums by self-assessed skill just won't work.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even when you divide forums by stakes, people jump forums regularly. Regulating forums by self-assessed skill just won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the suggestion was to 'block' others from access to that elite forum. This wouldnt be good either obviously.
~Justin
Old 12-24-2005, 09:44 PM

Obviously the elite forum would work best. We could make several tiers. The semi elite would be those who have won FIVE poker tournaments. The elite would be those who have won TEN tournaments. Then the super-duper amazing elite, could be those who have won TWENTY tournaments!!!

Obviously we could make the ultimate elite forum, for those who have won 1 billion dollars playing poker, but I would be the only one, so I wouldn't be able to share all my secrets of winning.