Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: JJ

Pocket...try thinking more in terms of equity and not just whether your ahead at the moment or not. In this hand times when you are in fact ahead on the flop your equity will change drastically one way or the other on the turn. That makes it very standard time to wait...and not raise the flop. Even if he's ahead on the flop his equity isn't much.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Our opponents are not JasonT. At least, not all of them. And because of this, they won't automatically 3-bet their draws if we raise, even if the draws are to the nuts.'-daz

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that our opponents are not JasonT is why we should also expect to see someone CC'ing with QQ, KK and possibly AA. These are the people (like my stupid brother) who think that AA is a bad hand that they always lose with so why raise preflop with it. They also feel that everytime they have QQ or KK someone either has AA or the A will flop.

With so many people CC'ing on this preflop and the coordinated nature of the board fitting a suited connector hand I just don't feel we are ahead enough of the time with JJ. If the field was smaller I like raising this flop but the more I think about it the more I like folding.

I hate calling here still though because you know someone will raise. If you are going to call a raise why not through it in yourself?
Old 12-21-2005, 01:36 AM

Am I reading that people want to fold?