Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-19-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: AJ. Line check.

This seems like a hand where you grabbed his stats outta PT after the session was over so you could post some kind of read on him, becuase you sure didnt play the hand like you had this information available during the hand.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:50 PM

I'm dumping this on the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im thinking, why is it wrong to bet the flop here? I want to find out where in the hand I am and he may 3-bet me preflop with worse hands like JJ and QQ here.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you bet and he raises. If you are going to bet for information, why would you then convince yourself that he has a worse hand than you? Either he's more aggressive, and will raise you with less than AQ, or he is as passive as your read indicates and you should fold to his bet. Which is it? (Don't bet for information...you can't trust the info you get.)

-Jaran
Old 12-20-2005, 02:37 AM

Based on the stats you think you should fold, why? Villain is spewing from his ears. I deffinitely call this hand down. Also, do you have any notes of villain, what he is raising with?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:46 AM

Grunch.

I play it exactly the same. Unfortunately, I wish I could fold an ace, but I can't. Even against a 0.3 aggression.

Of course, if it's too small a sample size, say less than 20 hands, the aggression might be skewed a bit, and I'd call down because I might have the best hand, and to make sure he's betting the nuts against me.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the stats you think you should fold, why? Villain is spewing from his ears. I deffinitely call this hand down. Also, do you have any notes of villain, what he is raising with?

[/ QUOTE ]

An aggression level of 0,3 and preflop raise of 5% makes me think he have a monster.