Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-19-2005, 08:38 AM

Default ATo UTG 6xBB no ante

I have T6K and ATo UTG, blinds 500/1000. 130 players left in 100K freeroll on Party. Bubble was at 220 players and table still playing fairly loose. Push or fold?
Old 12-19-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Re: ATo UTG 6xBB no ante

I'd push any two cards here. You loose any chance of getting players to fold when you hit the blinds. Getting A10 is an excellent result in this situation.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 AM

You can push ATo UG with 6xBB face up and it is still +CEV.

You dont start getting close until you hit the 8+BB level.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:43 AM

I am pushing into a whole table with an easily dominated hand. There is a pretty good chance I am dominated, so I thought it might be a little close.

Also, the bubble burst at 220 and there were 130 left. The play was very loose, partly because the prize increments were tiny, so no one was playing to fold their way up.

I had no opportunity to open push the whole round. Therefore, I thought it was likely I would be called, even if no one had a hand that dominated ATo. Got called by 77, pretty loose call with 5 players to act.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:13 PM

Hey Betgo, I would just like to hear what you would have done in the exact same situation with 8 and 9 BB. I guess it's a clear fold then with an easily dominated hand like this. I would fold.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd push any two cards here. You loose any chance of getting players to fold when you hit the blinds. Getting A10 is an excellent result in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats very bad.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:57 PM

If you'll only/always be called by a dominant hand you're still +CEV and being called by any inferior hand or underpair is +CEV. You got your money in in a good spot.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:05 PM

Yeh, I guess getting called by a hand that doesn't dominate is about as good as picking up the blinds. Getting called by 77 was cEV+ but not as much as picking up the blinds. If 77 calls, then KQ or A9 will sometimes call.

The table was so loose I was pretty sure I would be called. I picked up some chips in the bubble period, but was still a little below average. I was way below average at this point, having played tight with all the wild action after the bubble period.