Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-18-2005, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Limp-call all in...

Also, since you clearly have the skills to beat SNGs (as demonstrated by the <font color="red">brilliant</font> quote above), you should move up to the 109s and 215s and make hundreds of dollars per hour!!!!! I <font color="blue"> promise </font> you players will not limp/call with pocket 3s when you raise all in with AK.
Old 12-18-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I swear to god, if one more f-ing fish open limps and then calls my all in bet with 33 when I raise AK from the big blind I'm going to throw my monitor through the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. What is your screename so I can play in all of your SNG's and do that with 33.

2. 1 is conditional on the monitor going through the window being videotaped.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you go ahead and play 33 like that in SNGs, cause what your optimal strategy is, when near the bubble, you want to not raise the blinds at all, and then call an all in bet with a pair that is dominating NOTHING, and the BEST case senerio is that you are a coin flip.

Give me your screen name and I will play SnGs with you any day.

BTW, if this is a serious post by you, and you actually do play SnGs, you should give back the privilege of your 2+2 membership

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. Almost as good as the hypothetical monitor video.

-SmileyEH
Old 12-18-2005, 02:59 PM

you don't state the blinds and stacks but if you're willing to go broke with AK here you should think about a stop and go maybe raise 1/3 of your stack and like 80% of the flops will look bad to 33 and you can put it in there.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you don't state the blinds and stacks but if you're willing to go broke with AK here you should think about a stop and go maybe raise 1/3 of your stack and like 80% of the flops will look bad to 33 and you can put it in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK since everyone here is an SnG genius, lets look at some options.

Stack sizes:
UTG 2000
Button (Hero) 2000
SB 2000
BB 2000

Blinds 100/200

Hero is Button with 33.
UTG folds.
Hero???

So what you guys are saying, is that it would be a correct play to LIMP here, and then CALL all-in if the BB pushes. LOL. This has got to be a joke, if you want, I will start a poll in the STT forum and we can wager 38239473985729 dollars on it. LOL, i seriously can't even belive what I am reading in this thread.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK since everyone here is an SnG genius, lets look at some options.

Stack sizes:
UTG 2000
Button (Hero) 2000
SB 2000
BB 2000

Blinds 100/200

Hero is Button with 33.
UTG folds.
Hero???

So what you guys are saying, is that it would be a correct play to LIMP here, and then CALL all-in if the BB pushes. LOL. This has got to be a joke, if you want, I will start a poll in the STT forum and we can wager 38239473985729 dollars on it. LOL, i seriously can't even belive what I am reading in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is the strategic content BBV has been missing all this time!!!!!

-SmileyEH