Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: 3/6: A3o Blind battle

[ QUOTE ]
go balls to the wall

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to be repeat this phrase outloud over and over again everytime I find a top or second pair against a LAG. Its so catchy.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd probably call the flop and raise the turn. Good chance your hand is ahead, and you want him to fold that 6-outer on the turn. Hell, he may even fold a better hand like A9 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go calculate the value of folding a 6-outer in a pot this big. You'll be suprised what you find. Additionally, putting that many bets to accomplish that is even worse. If you feel you are ahead that often, call down. I'm not sure if it is worth bothering with however.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:55 PM

I think calling down is best like some others have said. If you try and get crafty vs. this player with a turn raise he'll 3-bet you with tons of stuff and you'll be in a really sticky spot.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd probably call the flop and raise the turn. Good chance your hand is ahead, and you want him to fold that 6-outer on the turn. Hell, he may even fold a better hand like A9 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go calculate the value of folding a 6-outer in a pot this big. You'll be suprised what you find. Additionally, putting that many bets to accomplish that is even worse. If you feel you are ahead that often, call down. I'm not sure if it is worth bothering with however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the plan would be to take the free showdown thus putting in the same amount of bets as calling down. However, the possibility of a 3-bet or a river donk does make this less optimal.