Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-13-2005, 12:45 AM

Default ($215 custer) HU misclick or...?

After some bad luck you were outstacked 1:2, and you clawed your way back to even. You had been pushing pretty much any two to get there, then this hand came up and I wasn't sure what the reasoning was for your fold. Is it the fact that suddenly you both had +10BB, and pretty much any calling hand is going to have you cremed?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 8 - 1 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 5000 Chips</font>
: 5000 Chips

Hero is Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Blinds are 200/400

PreFlop
<font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:200 Chips
Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: ($215 custer) HU misclick or...?

i dont doubt many ppl fold there. i think its a bad fold. its a +ev shove even if u shove. limping and raising are fine too depending on yer opponent. i play a goofy style of HU though.. holla
Old 12-13-2005, 12:56 AM

Its definitely +EV to shove in a vacuum, but when you've been pushing any 2 and your opponent is almost sure to call with any king, I don't think its +EV then. Limping was probably a better play, but when you shove, shove, shove, shove, limp, you tend to get shoved on. I know I shove here without fail. I probably feared that here.

moses
Old 12-13-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its definitely +EV to shove in a vacuum, but when you've been pushing any 2 and your opponent is almost sure to call with any king, I don't think its +EV then. Limping was probably a better play, but when you shove, shove, shove, shove, limp, you tend to get shoved on. I know I shove here without fail. I probably feared that here.

moses

[/ QUOTE ]

after shoving a ton, i love throwing a min raise out there, this hand screams for it imo. buuut, again, i play goofy. i def see where yer comin from tho. even so.. someone icm every pair and any hand better than K4 calling. i wanna see the numbers on it, cuz it STILL might be +ev. holla
Old 12-13-2005, 01:06 AM

22+,K4+,A4+

0.0%
Old 12-13-2005, 01:07 AM

I usually limp, but I limp a lot more than most because simply put my opponents don't raise me that often, and I can't resist 3-1 pot odds with position for the whole hand.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 AM

Add ALL Ks, ALL Qs, ALL As, and ALL pairs. you get +0.2%. In a heads up game in which your opponent folds WAY too often (most 215s right now), do you want to take +0.2% here. I don't.

moses
Old 12-13-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Add ALL Ks, ALL Qs, ALL As, and ALL pairs. you get +0.2%. In a heads up game in which your opponent folds WAY too often (most 215s right now), do you want to take +0.2% here. I don't.

moses

[/ QUOTE ]

thought u said he was calling with a ton of hands. that range doesnt look to me like he folds way too often. or do you mean he never shoves into you. holla
Old 12-13-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

moses

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize the huge contradiction in your last statement do you? If you are saying your opponent is going to call you with that wide of a range (any king etc), then obviously they arent the type of "tight opponent" that folds all of the time.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:43 AM

"After some bad luck you were outstacked 1:2, and you clawed your way back to even. You had been pushing pretty much any two to get there,"

This is why I'm assuming he folds too much in general. Its also why I'm assuming he will call a lot on this hand (and maybe a couple more after this). It seems to me that most players fold too much for a while, then they kind of say, "enough is enough", and call too much. If you then fold a few hands, they go back to folding too much. This probably felt to me like the point where he would say to himself, "enough is enough."

Even if there is a problem with that logic, you can't come up with a realistic set of calling hands that give you more than +0.3% diff on the shove. I think I have enough of an advantage over most players heads up to make passing up this high variance +0.3% gain the best play. I could be wrong.

moses