Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-11-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: HU hand vs. Dreamclown

[ QUOTE ]
It's to make him pay with his good king high hands which he might not value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the rest of the hands that he plays like this?

i see the general idea, but i really really don't like c/c on the turn. bet/call, bet/3bet, check/raise are all options, but you have to admit you missed bets on the turn here...
Old 12-11-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: HU hand vs. Dreamclown

I think a bet 3/bet is kinda spewish, and again, we dont want to expose oursevles to a cap here, we ant to showdown the hand FOR AN AMOUNT OF BETS THAT IS GOOD FOR US, not him. You're right that we want more than 1 bet going in on the turn, but we sure as [censored] dont want 4 going in. I think i like the line i came up with with Enon, i posted it, see what you think of that.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:23 PM

Default Re: I have decided what i think is the optimal line

[ QUOTE ]
He has shown strngth so far, and i really dont want 3 bets going in on the turn when i MUST showdown the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising the button preflop, then c/r a raggy flop is far too wide a range to say that he has shown "strength". i dont know what his range is here but i'd say it's much wider than you think and i also think you are underestimating how often you are ahead and over estimating how bad a 3bet is there.

the whole postflop outlook of this hand seems a little weak tight.

i like bet/call the turn, but what if he free showdown raises something like KJ, or QJ, or some other random hand?
Old 12-11-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Re: I have decided what i think is the optimal line

[ QUOTE ]

i like bet/call the turn, but what if he free showdown raises something like KJ, or QJ, or some other random hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

A line I've used sometimes (I hesistate to say I'd use it here) is check-call bet-intendingto-call bet-intendingto-call. Sometimes I bet-fold on the end but not very often. I've induced a lot of really really bad river "value" raises and it helps to disguise the times where I bet-3bet on the turn or river.

Rob