Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-08-2005, 10:34 PM

Default KJ from SB 10-20

Folded around to button 32/22/3.3 over 100 or so and he raises. I raise with KhJc off from SB, BB (terrible player) comes along, button calls.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet and they both call.

Turn Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, BB calls, button raises, we both call

River 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, Button bets and I...
Old 12-08-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: KJ from SB 10-20

I fold here. 32/22 players are usually aggro, but not completely stupid. I dont see many hands you beat betting this river when he got called in two spots on the turn.

-Mike
Old 12-08-2005, 10:59 PM

If he is decent he knows BB is not folding and you have already shown you like your hand, I can't see you ever being ahead.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold here. 32/22 players are usually aggro, but not completely stupid. I dont see many hands you beat betting this river when he got called in two spots on the turn.

-Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

i was gonna add something but then i realized i had nothing to add.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:17 AM

that goes double for me
Old 12-09-2005, 01:52 AM

i love this post, this is part of the reason i suck, i dont always call this but sometimes im just like ahh screw it, this guys showing me and im paying him off..... i guess the stats are important here..
thanks for the posts....
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love this post, this is part of the reason i suck, i dont always call this but sometimes im just like ahh screw it, this guys showing me and im paying him off..... i guess the stats are important here..
thanks for the posts....

[/ QUOTE ]

The button raised both of them on the turn even after mscags has shown nothing but strength. You have to get to the point where you can trust yourself enough to make these folds.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 AM

Given his stats and the action, I'm trying to figure out what he would have. AK he probably caps preflop. KQ I think he might donk the flop or cr the flop -- that goes for AQ to a lesser extent. JT he definitely plays like this, maybe QTo. KT there's a good chance as well.

I dunno. I think you're beating BB just fine. It's probably a fold, but something just screams to me that he has KT here 10% of the time or so and that's good enough (if you think you're ahead of BB) for a call given your 13:1 odds.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the posts....

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The button raised both of them on the turn even after mscags has shown nothing but strength. You have to get to the point where you can trust yourself enough to make these folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the river was a brick, It got checked around to button who bet and the BB and I both folded. I think this is the right play, I've just been doubting myself lately from a bad run and I want to continue to make sure that I'm playing my best poker.

Scags