Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-09-2005, 02:37 AM

Default Curtains\' Proposal

I've always been against posting good information on forums. I've always thought there was way more EV in reading than in posting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. But since I started playing SNG's again when I got my new Party account last month, I started thinking that maybe if I participated in more of the discussions I would get more out of them. It took me a couple of weeks to actually put this plan (more posting) into action, but I've made an effort this week to try to add my ideas and thoughts to any thread I found interesting.

Then I read Curtains' idea of sending people hand histories in exchange for summarizing interesting hands on this forum. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the idea of my HH's possibly getting into the hands of very tough opponents, but having interesting hands summarized right in front of me, ready for me to digest seems like a gigantic benefit. Also, I would love to hear the esteemed opinions of others.

So, at the risk feeling embarrassed if no one wants my lousy hand histories [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img], here's my offer: PM me with your Party screen name and an email address and I will send you some Party $215 HHs once a week or so. Post any hands that you find interesting or noteworthy. I play about 100/day so there will more than enough for anyone interested.

In conclusion, I want to thank everyone, especially Bonafone, for making me feel welcome on this forum. Thank you Curtains for this terrific idea. I hope no one will be upset that I copied it.

mosesiswet
Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 AM

Default Re: Curtains\' Proposal

there are two people i would do this for i can think of...curtains and gigabet

no offense dude but i don't think you fully grasp the context of his post
Old 12-09-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, if ZeeJustin, Jman28, citanul, Apathy, John Hurst, FieryJustice, raptor517, Irieguy, Unarmed, lacky, Rojosox, and NegativeEV came on here and offered the same thing you'd go for it. And that's just the first dozen names I thought up.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, if ZeeJustin, Jman28, citanul, Apathy, John Hurst, FieryJustice, raptor517, Irieguy, Unarmed, lacky, Rojosox, and NegativeEV came on here and offered the same thing you'd go for it. And that's just the first dozen names I thought up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, seems like it'd be hard to lose on this one.

I don't think the people getting Curtains'... or anyone else's $215 HHs are doing anyone a favor.

Irieguy
Old 12-09-2005, 03:10 AM

If no one wants to do this, hey, no big deal. It just seemed like a good idea from my end, and since people are lining up from all over to get Curtains' HHs I figured there might still be some interested parties left to go through mine. If you're point was that you could actually learn something from Curtains' HHs and could learn nothing from mine, fine, no problem. I don't know Curtains' screen name so I'm not sure from personal experience how he plays, but I can tell from his posts that he plays awfully well. Do I play as well as him or anyone else? I have no idea. And I don't really care. Comparing yourself to others in poker in fruitless and worthless. I'm just trying to make myself a better player, the best player I can be. If I happen to help someone elses game improve while helping mine, hey, all the better.

moses
Old 12-09-2005, 03:13 AM

Hi Moses,

I sent a PM to you requesting the HHs

Thanks for doing this, I am sure I will learn a lot.

varlog
Old 12-09-2005, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're point was that you could actually learn something from Curtains' HHs and could learn nothing from mine, fine, no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't my point at all.

I think there's a chance that you were trying to respond to Degen's post, and not mine, though.

Irieguy
Old 12-09-2005, 03:18 AM

"I think there's a chance that you were trying to respond to Degen's post, and not mine, though."

Yes, I was replying to Degen, and if I had looked in my inbox 1st, I wouldn't have even bothered replying to him. I understood your point very clearly. I am not so good at using this forum, appearantly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Sorry about that.

moses
Old 12-09-2005, 03:29 AM

I sent you a PM custer.