Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 01:56 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: conscious of heart beat

no caffeine is a good point, i can't remember if it was happening before i quit caffeine but i haven't had any in years
Old 12-09-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Consciousness of heartbeat is in NOT necessarily causally related to increases in blood pressure. To those who notice consciousness of their heartbeat when stoned, that has little to do with blood pressure.

Heart rate and blood pressure are not the same thing geniuses.

Marijuana, especially, causes a mild increase in blood pressure, but chronic usage tends to produce orthostatic HYPOtension, ie, the feeling of fainting when standing up. This is irrespective of the heart rate increases that tend to occur immediately following ingestion.

[/ QUOTE ]

We used to call that a headrush, and it was a lot of what we smoked weed for. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2005, 02:14 AM

I had a Reverend Jim flashback just there.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:39 AM

This is why I have not smoked weed in eight years. I can't enjoy myself because I am so focused on the feeling that my heart is going to pop out of my chest.

Every night when I go to bed I notice this and it sucks. My dad took my blood pressure recently and said my heart rate was is if I just finished jogging.

In reality, I had only walked up the stairs from his basement after having a cigarette. Hmmmm.....
Old 12-09-2005, 04:49 AM

He's twitterpated
Old 12-09-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I have not smoked weed in eight years. I can't enjoy myself because I am so focused on the feeling that my heart is going to pop out of my chest.

Every night when I go to bed I notice this and it sucks. My dad took my blood pressure recently and said my heart rate was is if I just finished jogging.

In reality, I had only walked up the stairs from his basement after having a cigarette. Hmmmm.....

[/ QUOTE ]

How fat are you?
Old 12-09-2005, 11:03 AM

I had a bout with anxiety a couple years back and this was one of the symptoms I experienced. it was weird though because the time it came on was the most chill time in my life. the only thing I was anxious about were these anxiety symptoms. the general remedies for anxiety are balanced diet, exercise, talking about your feelings, etc., but yeah basically it just went away on its own.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:08 AM

Link
Old 12-09-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've been having this problem the past week or so, where i am constantly aware of my heart beat. it's really annoying. especially at night lying in bed, and i feel my head/eyes pulsating along with my heart beat, it's hard to relax and fall asleep.

my pulse and beat seem regular, it's just that i'm too conscious of it and it makes me feel weird.

i've read that it can be stress related, has anyone else experienced this ? although it's not like i really have anything to be stressed about, other than the fact that my heart is annoying me. so i don't know.

i'll probably go to the doctor soon i just wonder if there is anything i can do or if i should be worried.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]! I can hear mine now! Curse you, Gorie!
Old 12-09-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How fat are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. In fact, outwardly one would think I'm in good shape which scares me even more. Walking time bomb, probably.